Inherited waxing client with diabetes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo's Nails

Reaction score
Hi what do i do? I've inherited a client from the last tech who worked at the salon and this client has diabetes. It doesn't say it on record card, client told me after I had done her eye brows. I did ask if there was any thing that could prevent treatment or if she was on medication for anything and she said no but I didn't actually say the word.
What do I do

Does she have any other waxing or just eyebrows? Legs and feet are the main concern with diabetics. X

I'm a type 1 diabetic and wax almost my whole body..
I have never had any issues. I believe as a diabetic myself, IMO, that it is exaggerated about diabetics.
Especially younger diabetics as we still have feeling in our feet and legs.
I would be the most concerned with the feet, and on older diabetic. Because if there is any damage to her/his feet, that is a cause for concern. But I wax my feet as well!
I understand everyone is trained to believe a certain thing about diabetics. This is just my personal opinion as a diabetic.

Ultimately I guess it all comes down to your insurers, will they insure you to wax someone with diabetes or not?

My insurance say a GP's letter is required. No letter, no waxing.

I would do a new consultation with the client to get more info.
She may just be controlling her diabetes by diet - hence her answer of no medications

She only comes in for eyebrow wax.
I will ask my boss to check insurance.
I will do new consultation.
Do I keep doctors letter and staple it to record card?
I have heard that some doctors won't write letter, what would you do in this instance?
Also there's a number of very young girls coming in for eyebrow wax, they usually book on my days off and my boss knows them and knows how old they are they come in without an adult.
Personally I wouldn't wax them as they are too young 13/14 they've been coming to the salon for a while before I started.
How strict would you be with this?

Again, it's up to your insurance.
However, younger and younger girls are wanting to use salons with parental approval and it puts us in an awkward situation

Yes it does put me in an awkward situation these young clients are being booked in by my boss for brow tint and wax and I feel like I can't refuse.

I agree with Island A. My husband has Type 1 Diabetes and the main concern is if Diabetics still have got feeling in their feet. Another issue might be that healing can be slower should there be an injury, but as long as they are fit and well and have got feeling in their feet I don't have any concerns in treating someone with Type 1 Diabetes.

Latest posts

Back