Is this common knowledge?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never heard of this method!!! I'm a bit disappointed I was never taught this but at least I know now. The way I got taught was just by using the shades we had left over that were the closest and just go by halves and quarters.

For example target shade 6/0 and we only had shade 8/0, 3/0 my ex bosses would tell me to do 1/4 3/0 and 3/4 8/0...then they'd kinda do maybe a smidgen more of the 3/0 depending on the colour shade.

So Ive never found that to be too good, I mean Ive never seen any disasters and they have always been pretty spot on but i've always made sure vie had something closer like 1 shade above and darker, target 6/0 only have 5/0 and 7/0 I'd personally mix half of each. That probably makes no sense but be good to know if anyone else got taught this theory?....

This is my most favourite thread ever!

I'm such a geek

This is my most favourite thread ever!

I sooo agree! I have learnt a lot just reading this thread.

When I was at college and our instructor talked about mixing colours to get a target colour, we tried to get him to explain how he knew which colours to use. His response was always "just do it"!

It didn't help us and until now, I have always been wary and confused on this subject. Thankyou Moobar for bringing this up.

I bet he didn't know about this equation! :lol:

By the way Moobar, what does vr stand for? You said in your original post, 5vr. Sorry if I sound stupid! :lol:

By the way Moobar, what does vr stand for? You said in your original post, 5vr. Sorry if I sound stupid! :lol:

Sorry to answer the question directed to Moobar but I know she uses matrix the same as myself, 5vr is violet red :) instead of numbers it's letters, very easy to understand and a great range :) x

That makes so much sense now! I remember having probs getting my head round it when I trained years ago, but I've never found myself in a position to have to mix my own colours! I wouldn't mind trying it now! Thanks so much!!

Sorry to answer the question directed to Moobar but I know she uses matrix the same as myself, 5vr is violet red :) instead of numbers it's letters, very easy to understand and a great range :) x

Hmmm, like it! As you say Bluerinse, much easier to understand. Could find myself changing to Matrix! :lol:

Latest posts

Back