Jessica GELeration question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi everyone if you want more info on GELeration you need to contact Gerrard International 0845 217 1370
For french i find it best to do one coat of beautiful first then cure then 2 coats of wedding gown and cure inbetween each layer, then finish gel.....
uv 2 mins, Led 30 seconds, hope that helped :)

I think with french it will always depend on the loom you want re white or pink first. Personally I don't like the artificial look that you get with the white on top, whereas the pink on top softens the white & makes it more blended - it's whatever floats your, or more importantly your client's, boat!!

Hi guys to busy at work to give the geleration a shot so took it home tonight to try on myself - the final coating is not curing -everything i have applied is nice and thin and there are no lumps or bumps, but its still tacky??

Thanks x

Hi, are you removing the inhibition layer of uncured gel with the clarifying soloution or do you mean that after you have done that the nail is still tacky?

hi teebster, no i checked each layer as i went and found they were still tacky but thought hey would be fine at the final stage but nails just wouldnt dry left very tacky, my towels and tissue when i washed my face were stuck so they were all oosy, however when i woke in the morning and had a shower this all came off and they were lovely and smooth and shiney!!! obviously i want them to be dry straight away for clients. xx

hi teebster, no i checked each layer as i went and found they were still tacky but thought hey would be fine at the final stage but nails just wouldnt dry left very tacky, my towels and tissue when i washed my face were stuck so they were all oosy, however when i woke in the morning and had a shower this all came off and they were lovely and smooth and shiney!!! obviously i want them to be dry straight away for clients. xx

UV cured products are always tacky when they are removed from the UV lamp. This is the inhibition layer. At the final stage, after the top coat is cured you have to wipe this away. Sounds like Jessica use a clarifying solution for this.

HTH.

thanks tweezerhappy - it does not tell us that but i will give it a bash today and let you know how i go xx

Did you get the table-top card with your start-up kit, because on mine it says you have to wipe over with the Clarify after curing the top coat. Have you been on the training or had the rep in to demo the product for you? If not, perhaps it's best to get them in to help identify where it's going wrong!!

hiya i use dashing diva with my gelish , it works a treat and looks perfect everytime. x im also getting a led lamp sheila x

Did you get the table-top card with your start-up kit, because on mine it says you have to wipe over with the Clarify after curing the top coat. Have you been on the training or had the rep in to demo the product for you? If not, perhaps it's best to get them in to help identify where it's going wrong!!

Ok so in my haste i did not read my table top correctly and did not see the last section on removing tack with clarify lol - my head is full of nonsense with working full time and getting ready for my wedding!!! worked a treat and they looks fab - martin the training day was full and we dont have a rep in our area we use sue at head office tried to create a longer nail using the build up but not sure i like it as it spreads quite far :eek: thanks everyone for your help i will pay more attention next time!! xx

Glad you got it sorted!!!

What i do is,

Apply start gel, then firstly i apply a pink chosen colour then use a nail brush and remove the tip of the pink to create a nice smile line, then cure, if client wants a more pink repeat this move, then i do my 2 strokes of white in the smile line and should fit perfectly and cure

xxx

Hi guys i read on someones website that they offer an in-fill on the gelicious - is this possible or is it better to remove and re-apply?

What i do is,

Apply start gel, then firstly i apply a pink chosen colour then use a nail brush and remove the tip of the pink to create a nice smile line, then cure, if client wants a more pink repeat this move, then i do my 2 strokes of white in the smile line and should fit perfectly and cure

xxx

That's what my Jessica rep has suggested - apparently it helps decrease the chance of the white tip looking like a bulge on the nail edge!

Hi guys i have done the refresh on a client and im not sure i like the results as i feel you can see the join at the base of the nail - has anyone experienced this and could you offer any advide? Thanks x

It really isn't appropriate to try to persuade nail professionals to sell pro products out the back door! Gerrard Int are an extremely well respected company and I'm sure if they discovered one of their customers was selling their products like this they would cancel their account.

If you have the money for an 'incentive' and postage then just go and do the course!! I'm sure it isn't that expensive

Here here!

hi guys, really fancying getting the geleration... do they paint on like polishs?? are they hard to work with???
Do you have to apply a false tip?? (hope not lol)
Any info would be great.
Thank you.
Danielle x

hi guys, really fancying getting the geleration... do they paint on like polishs?? are they hard to work with???
Do you have to apply a false tip?? (hope not lol)
Any info would be great.
Thank you.
Danielle x

They do paint on like a polish; they come on a polish bottle with a polish brush. They're as easy to work with as polishes, the only difference being thinner layers and setting them under UV. You don't have to apply tips, there is the facility to do this, but it's a separate product to the polish system. If you contact Jessica they'll send a rep out to explain it all to you.

Ooooo they sound exciting... my clients would love this. Thanks for the advice xx

I wasn't sure how many people would want them when I took it on, but I've been doing loads! It's been particularly popular with my manicure clients, enabling me to increase their monthly spend, but has also bought a lot of new clients in. It was well worth the outlay!!

Latest posts

Back