Jessica GELeration question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all, I got the Geleration from the Olympia exhibition and have tried it on myself and my mum. I have the UV lamp and I am doing thin layers but the nails just don't seem to be curing between each layer :cry:. All the bulbs work so I don't see what the problem is :irked:. I go on the training 12 November - but if anyone's got any ideas in the meantime. Perhaps wishing I got an LED lamp! :smack:

Hi Salon Geeks!

I am a new member and have found your thread very helpful.

I have just registered as a member after reading this brilliant thread.
You have given me so much information...thank you!
I currently use just the normal Jessica nail varnishes for natural manicures and pedicures.
Like all of you and my clients to i find it soooo fustrating that it only lasts a couple of days so i really want to invest in the Geleration nails.

I was wondering if any of you know whether i am able to use just the normal jessica varnishes alongside the Geleration base & top coat??? If so how do you find it lasts?
Basically i want to start off by just buying the Essentail kit and then add the Geleration colours as i go.

Hope all that makes sense :)

I currently use the normal Jessica nail polishes for natural nail manicures/pedicures and so like most of you and my clients to i get frustrated that a polish only lasts a few days before chipping.

So i really want to get the geleration kit.
I wanted to start off by just getting the Essential Kit and then adding the Gel colours as i go.

So i wondered if any of you know whether i can use just the normal Jessica nail varnishes with the gel base & top coat???
Have any of you done this?
If so how long do you find it lasts and did you have any problems doing using them?

I would really appreciate your advice!:)
I have just registered as a member after reading this brilliant thread.
You have given me so much information...thank you!
I currently use just the normal Jessica nail varnishes for natural manicures and pedicures.
Like all of you and my clients to i find it soooo fustrating that it only lasts a couple of days so i really want to invest in the Geleration nails.

I was wondering if any of you know whether i am able to use just the normal jessica varnishes alongside the Geleration base & top coat??? If so how do you find it lasts?
Basically i want to start off by just buying the Essentail kit and then add the Geleration colours as i go.

Hope all that makes sense :)

Anybody out there no why GELeration are peeling after a few days? I'm really in a pickle and my distributor / trainer has gone to Sicily for a week!
I know it's someting i'm not doing correctly but not sure what it is.

Anybody out there no why GELeration are peeling after a few days? I'm really in a pickle and my distributor / trainer has gone to Sicily for a week!
I know it's someting i'm not doing correctly but not sure what it is.

Can you tell us each step you are doing? One of the geleration geeks may be able to spot something.

FIrst prep cuticle, remove shine buffing lightly, then apply prep, start cure for 1min, then apply 1st coat color cure for 2mins, then 2nd coat cure for 2mins, topcoat cure for 2mins. Someone suggested that I am putting it on too thick and I think this maybe the problem? Would this make the whole product litterally lift / peel off?

After removing the shine and before applying prep you need to hold clarify-soaked cotton wool on the nail for 5 secs per nail. Are you also removing the sticky layer at the end with the clarify? If you are putting it on too thick that will contribute to the problem as the layers might not be setting properly, if need be use 3 thin layers rather than 2 thicker ones. Hope that helps!

WAs just wiping the nails with the clarify rather than holding it down for 5 secs. Yep i've been removing with clarify at the end too. I've just redone my mums she had them on for almost 3 weeks no issues, applied them thinly but i think i was being over generous with clients! I'll keep to the thin layers and see if that's the issue. Thanks.

Ebay :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Kind of says a lot about the product and I doubt the Shellac people would agree. They have their own lamp.

Just looked at your link..WHY would we need a 60 90 sec cure ? And no 10 sec... I wouldnt want to cure my Gelish for 60 sec under a LED !!

Has anyone had a problem soaking off? We haven't been on the training yet, so if anyone has any tips I'd appreciate it. Application is fine it's just soaking off we are finding difficult!
Many thanks

Hi don't worry generation is really Simple to soakoff. Firstly remove surface shine with buffer. Soak some nail pads in acetone. Press pads onto top of nail and wrap foil around nail. Then pophand into a cotton mitten then into heated mitts. The gel is ready to remove in less than ten minutes. I use a cuticle stick to remover. However most of the time the gel has peeled away from the nail, and comes off when you remove the pad and foil. It's amazing!

I have had one other thought on this. I believe that Erase when applied to uncured product sets it dry, which is why you can't use it to clean the brush or bottle tops. If the layers you are applying are too thick the whole layer won't be cured, so when removing the erase will cure the uncured gel and make it harder to remove. Perhaps its worth applying the layers even thinner than you are and see if that works.

I have been cleaning my bottle tops with the erase and found that it has been work fine- would you not recommend this then ? :)

I was told by the rep I should use clarify as erase can dry and set uncured product, but if it hasn't done that with your bottles who knows!!

Oh right, well i have had no trouble yet, will keep an eye on it though, and at lease i know clarify will be suitable too now :)

I have to agree with this; as someone who uses Jessica I would be a little peeved if I found a therapist on my doorstep using pro products that they'd got illegitimately. I'm sure the course for the GELeration is only £90 for the day, so it's not that expensive.

The whole reason I do Jessica is you have to be a Qualified therapits (not someone who works in a bank and does a one day manicure course at the whole salers!)
You have to do the Jessica manicure training before you can do Gelerations - clients dont realise that if they have a Jessica /Geleration then their nails are in good hands - not like biosculpture etc that can be done by anyone!
The person asking for someone to sell her products is obviously not a very good therapist. Do the training - you will get the money back in no time!:eek:

Hi guys !

does anyone know where you can get the full jessica geleration kit incl light prep start and some colours for a reasonable prize ?

x

Jessica is only distributed officially by Gerrard International.

Hi just been reading this thread, been really helpful.

I have given up on my UV lamp today, when I did a set of Buck Naked on a client some were crinkled after curing FINISH and after rubbing over with Clarify it wiped off on some nails!

I have done Buck Naked on myself curing for 3 minutes each time and it lasted fantastically for 3 weeks. Guessing it must be my UV bulbs have reached the end of their life.

Anyway unfortunately had to soak them off and send client home gel-less. Both of us gutted but she going on holiday tomorrow, she knows my work and hope she will be back!

So.... I'm looking at LEDs. Can't afford the GELeration UV lamp and need one quick smart, also I've been reading that the GELISH Harmony 6g LED lamp is the same but re branded. No idea how much it costs.

Do any of you have experience with this, or could you recommend another reasonably price but effective LED lamp to use with GELeration please - rather desperate as have clients in Thursday!

:confused:

When I ordered buck naked it came with a warning note that some therapists, seemed to be uv lamps, had been struggling to get it to cure. They recommended to apply as thin a coat as poss and to double cure. I've got the led and have double cured each layer and it's been fine.

Hi ya
I used to do nails about 10 years ago and recently had Geleration done on my natural nails, I was so impressed and now my baby is 15 months old, I would like to re-train in the Geleration. Also can you put geleration on nail extensions as well as natural nails?. Where can I do this, or get in touch with Jessica to get a trainer to come to me? I've tried to google but it keeps bringing up sites in America.

Thank you for any help x

Latest posts

Back