Just a quick question about using a hi-lift tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bey015

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for answering!

I am no hair professional..far from it, however I would say that I maybe know slightly more about hair than your average person off the street as I have had previous experience of working in a beauty supply wholesalers lol.

Anyway let's get to it:

So currently I am a light blonde, I am a colour 9 in XP. No low-lights, no previous colour, just a flat 9.
I am naturally very light too, at least an 8 base. I remember buying a shade 9, mixing it with a 6% and it lifted my hair surprisingly well, so I have just been this colour ever since.

Yesterday I purchased some hair extensions in the shade 613, which I believe is a "bleach blonde" or "lightest blonde." My hair is obviously not this colour, so I would just like to lift my hair to this shade.

Here is what I was thinking, maybe buying a Majirel hi-lift tint in the shade "Ash," mixing it with 12% but also adding a small amount of Blondor bleach just to ensure that my hair gets that 'extra' lift? As I personally think that Majirel hi-lift can go quite warm?

Sorry if my question is vague, my knowledge is really limited, just wondering if you lovely ladies could help me?Thank you.

Welcome to Salon Geek.

Just so that you know in advance really, the hair professionals using this website are not allowed to give detailed technical information or colour forumulas to those who are untrained.

Rather than experimenting, the best recommendation would be for you to see a qualified hairdresser who will be able to provide you with a colour consultation.

Latest posts

Back