Keeping busy!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LisaBrad

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I opened a beauty business 4 weeks ago. I've got the first floor above a well established hair salon. Previous to this I've worked in salons and mobile for 15 years. The first 4 weeks have been brilliant and so busy. But I have been out there posting leaflets, constantly plugging away on Facebook with offers, pics etc and now I've got a panic on as the demand seems to be slowing down. When I look in my appointment book and see a day the following week without anything booked in I feel sick! I'm forever putting things on Facebook and sharing my group but I don't want to come across as desperate! I've been averaging £80-£100 a day which has been above and beyond expectations and I'm mainly small, cheaper treatments such as waxing, gel polish, nail extensions, party lashes and tanning. Any ideas how to keep fresh in people's minds? And any other ways to get people in? Any advice would be welcome! I'm not on twitter and Instagram, should I be? Lol xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi,
There's a fab thread on here (sorry I can't link you to it but hopefully someone else can? ) with lots of brilliant advice from other geeks.

But Off the top of my head :

It's coming up to prom season soon. Have you thought about advertising for that? It may not help right now but it may help fill your diary ahead a few weeks.

ladies mini pamper days on Saturdays with cupcakes/Buck's Fizz with their treatments (they aren't expensive but can make people feel like its a real treat. )

Loyalty scheme / refer a friend ?

Also if you have a Facebook page and any of your friends come in get them to check in at your salon. I've gained lots of new likes and clients this way. (It's a good way for people to find you who didn't already know where you were)

it's been a long day. 😅 lol. Sorry for the waffle. Xx

Hiya!

Thanks for the advice and ideas! Defo gonna start advertising prom and holiday packages! There's a problem with my group and can't check in, I've tried to get it sorted but no one can help me lol and Facebook don't reply to the messages I've sent. Thanks again, it's much appreciated xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back