keywords for website?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Nails

Reaction score
Hi, i'm setting up my website again. The thing is what are keywords and which ones should i use. I do beauty, tanning and nails.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,x

Last edited:
im no IT expert at all lol but from what i have read on here it is words that the user would put in the search engine so
nails
beauty
tanning
cumbria
are a few to get you started,
lots of other geeks will come along and give you better advise :hug:

Thanks for that. I've done a search and found some info. not that it makes much sense...lol

Hi. You need to think of how relevant people will search for you in a search engine. I general keyword like "nails" will never work, it will attract people from all over the world to your site i.e. people that will never come to use your business. You mentioned cumbria but will poeple really come from all over cumbria to visit your business? Personally, I would make it more local i.e. your specific local area. Also think about how people might try and reduce the search results. For example, "best nails in cumbria" rather than just "nails in cumbria". Include as many of these as possible. Check out my blog as I have posted specific internet marketing advice or subscribe to my blog to receive all my salon-specific marketing advice. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice i'll try that. I've subscribed to your blog so sholdn't miss out on any advice.

Another question, What is metadata? I'm being asked for metadata that describes my page to search engines!!!:eek::eek: also what is my URL?i

Another thing, i'm asked to add a meta tag into my head but before the body of my text. How do i do this? Where do i find my head tag?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back