Lash extension Gel Pads - problems with allergic reaction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the daughter have nail extenions as well?
if she did, dont rule out the pads altogether but she may have reacted to the nail products, polish as if there is an ellergic reaction to nail products it affects around the eyes ;-)

Did the daughter have nail extenions as well?
if she did, dont rule out the pads altogether but she may have reacted to the nail products, polish as if there is an ellergic reaction to nail products it affects around the eyes ;-)

The daughter does have her nails done by me, but it wasn't her that had the reaction, it was her Mum, who does not have her nails done at all.

But thanks for the added info xxxxx

The daughter does have her nails done by me, but it wasn't her that had the reaction, it was her Mum, who does not have her nails done at all.

But thanks for the added info xxxxx
Oh Okay, sorry I read it so quick (always in a bloomin hurry)
I hope all goes ok with that situation anyway.

Hi, i am new to lashes so have only just really started paying attention to the kind of things available. I have noticed that the gel seems to slowly leak out along the eye line. My question is.. in one of the trade catalogues (either beauty express or salons direct, sorry cant remember which one) they are selling reusable silicon patches for use with things like extensions tinting and perming. Has anyone tried these and if so are they any good?
I must admit i am very paranoid when it comes to the eyes.

Hi

Yes I use Lash Perfect as well and I've had a number of clients now, saying that the gel patches made their eye area very itchy - I too have this reaction. However no-one has had the severe reaction that your client did, but it's very scary that that can happen. I've been looking for an alternative and have found some re-usable silcopads in Beauty Express, which I'm going to try next week. I also think it would be worth letting Lash Perfect know - now that I've read this I'm going to call them tmoro to advise the reaction some of my clients are having. Could I ask you something (changing the subject slightly) - which lashes do you use to get the very heavy mascara look? I've tried the super thick but it still doesn't get that very heavy brush like look on the lashes. Can you help? Good luck with ur client and fingers crossed the silcopads will be better :) xx

Hi,
I see this thread is fairly old have the different pads tried made any difference and has anyone experienced anything further re gel pad reactions?
Thanks.
CFH

I've had problems with gel pads. So i used micropore, then everyone hated the tape being pulled off even though I detack it first. Maybe ill try the Vaseline trick but surely they'll just slip around everywhere?

Latest posts

Back