Live website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxie

Reaction score
sorry guys its another live website thread.

went live yesterday would just like other peoples opinions.

thank you x:)

www.beautybyroxie.co.uk

it looks really good, very easy to navigate and understand. my only comment is that the pink is a little dull, looks hazy in places - and the menu on the left could stand out more - have you tried a brighter pink colour?

I love the overall look of the site, it looks very classy but clean and easy to navigate.

In terms of the look and feel of the site, I'd recommend making the following changes:

(1) Kirsty was mentioning that the pink looked a bit hazy in places - and I've noticed that you are using JPG images for your logo and the menu items. These would probably look better if you re-created them as PNG images - as this is a lossless format - whereas JPEG is a lossy format and can look a bit blocky and fuzzy - especially around what should be otherwise sharp edges.

(2) You are missing "alt" text on your images. Which is bad from a search engine optimisation and accessibility point of view. You definitely want "alt" text for your logo - to say "Beauty By Roxie" - and also for all the navigation links - this means that search engines and blind/partially sighted/disabled/dyslexic people who need to use "screen readers" which "speak" the text of a web page to them will be able to understand what the images mean.

(3) It would be a nice touch if you used an image rollover for your navigation menu items - these would show a different image (perhaps the star and the text in a brighter colour) when you hover over with the mouse.

(4) On your contact page, the link is being displayed in blue text. It would be better if you updated the CSS to display links in white text to fit in with the rest of your site - I also like the effect where the text isn't underlined initially but does underline when you hover the mouse over it, The CSS you would need to do that is as follows:

a
{
color: white;
text-decoration: none;
}

a:hover
{
text-decoration: underline;
}

Hope that helps :hug:

The CSS you would need to do that is as follows:

a
{
color: white;
}

{
}

Actually, your text is light grey, not white, so the following CSS would be better:

a
{
color: #CCCCCC;
}

{
}

Sorry, I should have checked first time round :eek:

It's very well done, I like it.
Easy to find what you're looking for etc.
Although as a client i would like to know which products the therapist is using for her treatments, so I'd maybe add that in somewhere :hug:
good luck! x

cheers for taking the time to look everyone and thank you for your opinions xxxx

I found it easy to navigate but the pink on the menu is hard to read..xx

Very nice! Very clear, has all the vital bits of information on it ... excellent!

This only thing I might add to what others have said is that is might be worth having a contact us form instead of your email address (just because spammers will harvest your email address off of the form and you'll may start getting loads of spam).

Very nice! Very clear, has all the vital bits of information on it ... excellent!

This only thing I might add to what others have said is that is might be worth having a contact us form instead of your email address (just because spammers will harvest your email address off of the form and you'll may start getting loads of spam).

Although a "contact us" form will require some server-side coding (whether CGI, PHP, Java or whatever) and an SMTP email gateway on the server - so probably best speaking with the techie friend who designed your site for you to see what is available on the server they've got your site hosted on.

An alternative way of making it harder for spammers to "harvest" email addresses is to use some Javascript, e.g. the Email Defuscator is a plugin for JQuery which will turn an "obfuscated" email address in the HTML, e.g. me(put the 'at' sign here)mysalon.co.uk into a normal email address that people viewing the website will see, e.g. [email protected] - if you're interested, here's the link to the Email Defuscator plugin, Plugins | jQuery Plugins - JQuery is well worth a look at anyway as you can use it for all manner of fancy stuff, like image rollovers, animations, slideshows, galleries, etc.

Latest posts

Back