Lymphodema - OK for gel mani?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainbow Bright

Reaction score
I have a client that has just had breast cancer treatment, and her doctor just said to be careful with the cuticles in case of lymphodema. I'm assuming that i can just carryout a normal service excluding any massage? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Check with your insurance company to see if you are covered.

Hi I have lymphodeama in my leg, and I presume it's the same, you shouldn't use cuticle nippers or anything that could cut the skin because this can lead to infection then cellulitis which isn't good,you can do a light massage because this will help with the drainage of fluid. Just do a normal manicure soak, gentle scrub, massage, use a plastic hoof to gently push cuticles back or just leave them out if you are unsure she will understand, if there is any other advice you would like please message me, jo x

Will just be doing basic dry prep for gel application, so should be ok - thanks for your help:D

Yes sorry thought it was a manicure as well, you just have to make sure she doesn't bleed, it can be very dangerous for her x

Latest posts

Back