Majirel Hi Lift had no effect?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esrik

Reaction score
Hey all, I just tried to lift my hair with Majirel hi lift colour (ash+) and a 40 vol developer (Jerome Rusell BBlonde). I have an outgrown balayage (over a year old) that I would like to touch up and lift. I put the dye (two portions developer and one portion Majirel) on both my virgin hair and the pre-bleached areas, and neither had any effect whatsoever. I left it on for over an hour and the hair now has a very faint ashy tint, but it's no lighter. I tested this on a thin strand to see what effect this would have. What am I doing wrong?

I naturally have level 6/7 hair and the existing balayage goes up to about level 9 I would say. I would like to be level 10, starting higher up than the existing balayage because it's grown out. What would you recommend I try? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hey all, I just tried to lift my hair with Majirel hi lift colour (ash+) and a 40 vol developer (Jerome Rusell BBlonde). I have an outgrown balayage (over a year old) that I would like to touch up and lift. I put the dye (two portions developer and one portion Majirel) on both my virgin hair and the pre-bleached areas, and neither had any effect whatsoever. I left it on for over an hour and the hair now has a very faint ashy tint, but it's no lighter. I tested this on a thin strand to see what effect this would have. What am I doing wrong?

I naturally have level 6/7 hair and the existing balayage goes up to about level 9 I would say. I would like to be level 10, starting higher up than the existing balayage because it's grown out. What would you recommend I try? Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the site Esrik.

Unfortunately, the hair professionals using Salon Geek are not allowed to give detailed technical information or colour formulas to those who are unqualified.

You would be best to seek the advice from a local colourist or alternatively, attend a training college where the students are supervised and the costs are discounted.

Latest posts

Back