major lifting problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Envy said:
Oh Sass :)

12 hours ahead of ya... lol .. you sleep, I answer posts ;)

Ah that sounds like a good set up to me!! Could you do my clients too and I'll sleep!!

Lol Sass, can someone do mine too - I could do with a good sleep! xx

thanx every1 for all the advice
ive just gotta put it all to good use!!!!
im sure i will be putting more problems up soon!
thanx again
kim xXx

:D

I agree prep is the most important steps in doing enhancment. your enhancment product is going to stick to what ever is on the nail plate. so tiny things almost invisible to the eye such as oil or bits of cuticle will adhere to the product thus seperating in a day or two,creating a small patch of lifting which will cause it to keep going into the nail as stress is apllied to the enhancment or a client will ussually help, the nail to break. you should be spending as much time on prep as your actual work itself. it may seem like a lot to do a manicure before a full set, esspecially when ur new and trying to get your times down. dont worry. when you spend the time prepping properly, when your clients come back there will be less lifting in turn youll save time from filling. also make sure no product has seeped under the cuticle into the lateral folds. even though you may nt notice it at first as the nail grows out in a day or two there will be a nice little lip that if it doesnt lift on its own client will almost certianly do it for you. after youv done all your filing and are going to polish put some oil on and gently push the cuticles makeing sure to check sidewalls as these are ussual problem areas. you can ussally feel where tere is a bump of prodcut not flush with nail with your pusher. also i always try to sculpt with my brush not the file. again if your spending an extra 15 mins on aplication, you will save it from your filing time. also a word of advice an e file doesnt preventing lifting anymore than a hand file does. thurogh prep and good application prevents lifting ! remember this is what seprates us from nss salons or as we call them in the states discount chop shop. you would rather spend the extra half hour to produce a beautiful set. this is what seprates us, quality not quanity. spend your time learning to the best nails not the fastest nails. speed is only important if your in nascar. as your skills improve so will your times. i would rather have my cleint tell people i make the most beautiful nails, not the fastest ones.

Latest posts

Back