Manicures on diabetics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think ur idea of a refresher course is a fantastic idea Brittone05 :)

I think any refresher course is a fantastic idea! But when you read so many threads on here where people don't want to pay much for training, find the cheapest and quickest then moan that it isn't enough teaching, I don't think there will be many training providers willing to put the time and effort into such courses.

Having a moan about the state of training in general! I know there are many who welcome further education. Trouble is, not enough:irked:

Think I am going to have my choc bar and a huge dose of insulin after reading all that! :D

I would love to go on refresher courses for everything I have ever learnt, just to make sure I'm doing everything correctly and havnt forgotten something important. We all forget! x

I would love to go on refresher courses for everything I have ever learnt, just to make sure I'm doing everything correctly and havnt forgotten something important. We all forget! x

Me too!

Hi Geeks wondered if anyone can give me any advice on doing a manicre on a diabetic person. I have my first diabetic client this week and unsure what I can and cant do for them as this is something I was never taught.
Can I use metal tools?
Can I cut the nails?
I believe massage should be lighter due to they bruise easier is that right?
Any info you can give me I would be gratefull.

Going back to the original post....
sandman1 please let us know how you got on with your client :D I hope he/she enjoys your service immensely and is a returning client.:D
Even though this has been a very heated debate, its has been very interesting and I have learnt from it. Things like this were skipped over when I took my courses and I was made to believe that they were unimportant. I have learnt from everybody who has replied to your question.:D

Choc cake and insulin for me too.

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Thanks.... think ill need it after my day!

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back