More ways to promote your business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to call for a STICKY!!

hi those are great ideas just what i need!! i was wondering how you could advertise at a wedding fayre??

gemma x

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for sharing these ideas they are soooo good will have a go only been on the site a short while but think its fantastic

Well done - you're coming up with some really simple but effective ideas. Thanks for sharing them.

Glad you like them. My takings are up 31% on last year so I think they're working!

I love this thread!!! So positive :)

Great ideas, thank you for sharing

I'd love to see this as a sticky also. Such a source of information and these are the threads that if theyre not posted in regularly can get lost in the thousands.

OK, couple more ideas.
Find a local upmarket "pub with rooms", b & b, guest house. One without leisure facilities. Offer your services at a privileged rate to their guests in return for space on their website. I've done this in my area and it's brought me a few clients in the evenings. Business women who want their legs waxed whilst on a work trip.
Offers Carnarvon Arms

Approach local private schools and suggest a meeting with their marketing people. Find out whether they need to make more money and then suggest a wedding fayre. Tell them everything you know about how to run a successful one and blag a free table in return. I did this recently and have had about 600 quid's worth of bridal work as a result.
FreeIndex - get your best clients to give you testimonials - it will make you more visible on google.

Consider meaningful reciprocal links on your website, and I do mean meaningful. Google will penalise you if you put your vet on your site, unless you offer animal treatments!

Sponsor gifts for charity events. Again, it gets your name in the papers!
Newbury Today | Practice is perfect for children's charity

Network, network, network!
I ended up on YouTube because of one networking event!
YouTube - Lynne Baker - Cala Salon.wmv

Enjoy, work hard, never, ever stop promoting your business, reap the rewards.

It also helps to be aware of what's going on around you locally.

The little country school that my girls go to has again won the FIRST Lego League National Competition to represent the UK at the world championships in Atlanta USA. They represented the UK last year & came 8th in the world! This year to raise funds, they are having t-shirts printed for local companies to sponsor.

As I'm trying to get my children's pamper party business up & running I though this would be a great way to raise my profile. For not much money, my name will be panned across the globe :green:.

Network & talk to people like mad. Just talking to someone in the gym the other day, gained me some business.

Always, always, always be on the lookout for opportunities!

Forgot to mention this site.
Stallfinder Home Page

Get yourself on there, and look for events where you can exhibit, and add yourself as a business so that event managers can find you.

Lynne what great ideas you have, I'm fairly new to this and I'm definatly going to follow through on these ideas of your's, Thanks,

:hug:Fantastic advice, good for you to be sharing such helpful positive info. I have emailed local schools in my area as well and had a great responce instantly, great free publicity!!! xxx

:hug:Fantastic advice, good for you to be sharing such helpful positive info. I have emailed local schools in my area as well and had a great responce instantly, great free publicity!!! xxx

When u say you emailed schools , what do you say to them? Think this is a great idea

Xxx
Posted via Mobile Device

I posted this link on another thread but it's probably also relevant here - it's a link to a page on Google that lets you add your site to the map that appears at the top of the page of Google search results for your area for free...

http://www.google.co.uk/local/add

Wow! Gonna give that a bash :green:

One of the things I do regularly is email my clients/prospects with news of new treatments and special offers. This works very well in that it keeps your name right up there in their minds and it's often the memory jog they needed to pick up the phone. You can also push certain treatments too.
Special offers, if done properly, don't have to cost you a lot of money. Indeed they can increase your revenue significantly.
If you know that your client's average spend is £25, set a special offer like this:
FREE brow shape when you spend £30 or more!
There are a couple of things you need to make this work. You need to know your clients, and you need a tool which will help you to mail them easily.
I've started to write down on my client card what they spend each time they come and then once a month I transfer that into a spreadsheet.
I filter the sheet so that I can see which clients spend less than x and then create an offer just for them. There's little point in sending an offer around the £30 price point if that particular client always spends £100. You need to send them a more valuable offer!

I use a product called Constant Contact for bulk emailing, and I've found it highly functional, but easy to use. If you want two months completely free pm me with your email address and I'll refer you. I too will get two months free so it's a win win!

It's very important that you really know your clients. Not just what they like treatment wise, but what their spending habits are like too.

Just bumping this thread up as it is full of good stuff that new members might have missed when it was at the top of the list.

Latest posts

Back