My BIG news

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah good luck :Love:

You are very brave but at least you are doing something positive to help yourself. As everyone has already said we are all here and will be looking forward to sharing the journey with you.

All the best for tomorrow Vicky.

And, I realise I am being a little thick here, but what is Lap Band? If it aids weight loss, god knows I could do with it.

Thanks and good luck

Hi Vicky

Good Luck tomorrow!

I know how it feels to be overweight and feeling left out of things etc.

I have been overweight for years and never thought I could loose weight but since August I have been on a diet (God I hate that word!) and so far I have lost 4stone 3 pounds! only another 2 and half stone to go to reach my target weight!

It makes such a difference to your whole life - the way you feel about your self, the way people treat you, etc. I know it shouldnt but the plain and simple fact is that it does!

I had to loose weight not only for my self esteem but I also have a serious back problem that I had to have surgery for and it was having a dramatic affect on my health.

So I wish you well on your journey.

Love

Debbie xxx

All the best for tomorrow Vicky.

Love Donna

Vicky....good luck sweetie....at the end of the day....your loved for who you are...BUT...being the taddist bit on the big side meself....I know how important this is for you!
Im sending tons of love and good vibes for your future confidence Luv ! :Love: :Love: :Love:

xxx

I wish you all the best and good luck for tomorrow..........

I too know some one that has had some thing similar done and boy she looks fab, she always has done to me, but more important now "she" feels fab......and she glows from the inside out.....
We can all say "oh babe we love you as you are", but whats the point if you don't love yourself.......So good luck and all my best wishes to you xxxx.....

I wish you good luck Vicky and hope that you can be happy again :Love: I had the opposite problem I was anorexic for years weighted in at 6 stone at my worst. I think I found out its not what weight you are its if your happy about who you are as a person. If having this done is going make you happy then I say go for it and put your past taunts behind you, move forward and enjoy being you.

vicky said:
I wanted to share something with all of you. Not even my close family know yet so i thought i'd share this news with my Geek Family first.:Love:

Well to cut a very long story short iv been over weight for most of my life even as a child i was always big. This has lead to alsort sort of different things in my life starting with being bolimic from the age of 9 yrs old.

I'l get to the point, the last six month have been totally hell for me and i have pushed so many people away because i just couldnt copy any longer, i even had thoughts that what was the point of me being here. I totally hit the bottom of the pit and now the only way out is up..!

Tomorrow i see a Doctor about having a Lap Band fitted and i really can't wait to start my life again. I have to pay private but i think it will be worth every penny.

I just wanted to share this with you and il keep you all informed.

Love Vicky xx (soon to be thin)

I am soooooo happy for you...I have about 4 friends that have had the surgery with wonderful results. I had considered having gastric bypass surgery a couple of years ago...I used to weigh 403 lbs. I lost about 50 on my own when I moved, but I've gained some back since I've gotten pregnant. I still want to lose more after the baby...I would like to get down to at least an even 300, then see where I go from there. I know first hand what being overweight feels like...I had such horrible, horrible, almost indescribable back pain that would bring me to tears on a daily basis...It was so bad at one point I even thought of commiting suicide, because I could barely do anything. Plus, some people are so insensitive to the plight of plus sized people, they make stupid comments, they think all you do is sit around and eat alll day long...INSENSITVE JERKS!!

I'm sorry:eek: I was congratulating you. Again I am happy for you and I hope all goes well...If you ever need encouragement feel free to pm me anytime...I know how you feel and I will be there to support you.

Best wishes to you!

good luck with the dr , hope you get what you want :biggrin: , love dee

Hiya Vicky

I thought i had not seen you on the board as much latley..................hope everything goes well for you and i will be thinking about you!!!!!!

As so many have said you are sooooo brave to share your thoughts and your life with us all, but you know we are all here to help and support you in any way we can:hug:

Take care Vicky and fingers crossed, and if you need a chat you know where i am:Love:

Love n hugs

Amanda xxxxxx

Good luck for today!!!

Good luck Vicky hope it goes well. :biggrin:

Julie

Thank you ALL so very much for your kind words and support :hug:

I must admit its made me cry but in a very good way. I can't believe the reply's iv had. :Love:

Im just going to see the Doctor, im sooooo nervous but i know il be fine.

Thank you all so very much...! XXX

All the best, hope all is goes well:hug:

Let us know how you get on today Vicky. :hug:

Good on ya girl, Go for it :hug:

Good luck and let us know how you get on today.

Hi Vicky,

Hope today went well and that you start to feel better and more positive soon.

keep us posted as to how you get on, and if you're ever feeling low us geeks are only a keyboard away.

:hug:

Im SOOOOO excited...:biggrin:

I have an appoinment for the 25th of this month for my pre op and then i should have op a week after that..!!
My Doctor said theres NO reason for me not to have this done..! That was one of my worst fears, him saying no i cant have it.

Im over the bloody moon..!
Me and my hubbie told out 2 girls also and my oldest started to cry (she's 10) She thinks that il go in hospital fat and come out skinny and i wont look like her mum anymore. Telling them is the hardest thing. They both told me i wasnt even fat..! Bless them
I finally told my hubbie my true weight, the HARDEST thing iv ever told him too. Its strange how telling the true to the people you love the most hurts like hell.

So im gonna now be honest with ever one of you and let everyone no my weight..!
At this time i am weighing in at 20 stone 3lbs.
Once the bands on i will up date this every 2 weeks.

Once again THANK YOU ALL for you kind words and pm's.

I cant believe i just did that..lol

Latest posts

Back