natural nail problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
hi everyone just thought id bother you with my moaning! Ive just passed my cnd foundation last week but have only ever practiced on my mum cousin etc My auntie asked if i would do hers last night and i said yes. I was very nervous and i dont know why, the nails turned out a mess because my hand was shaking and they were also a bit thick and lumpy. When i saw them i felt like crying! Her natural nail was also shining through but if i covered it with the white, the white would be half way up her nail. So how do i fix this?
Also my mums nails are fine she is the only one that im not nervous with! I was going to call for a nail tech job today but now im having second thought as i dont know if i can do this! its the smile line thats giving me the most problems i think. PLease help i feel really low.

Still go along for the job. They may be happy to take you on as a trainee.

I think you need a Nail Trainer. Do you have one?

zoeCU said:
hi everyone just thought id bother you with my moaning! Ive just passed my cnd foundation last week but have only ever practiced on my mum cousin etc My auntie asked if i would do hers last night and i said yes. I was very nervous and i dont know why, the nails turned out a mess because my hand was shaking and they were also a bit thick and lumpy. When i saw them i felt like crying! Her natural nail was also shining through but if i covered it with the white, the white would be half way up her nail. So how do i fix this?
Also my mums nails are fine she is the only one that im not nervous with! I was going to call for a nail tech job today but now im having second thought as i dont know if i can do this! its the smile line thats giving me the most problems i think. PLease help i feel really low.

Hey chick.

Its only natural for you to get nervous, but you've just gotta get in there and do it!!! you will be alot happier once youve seen how fab your can be!!

with regard to the smile line... I have clients whose nail beds are shorter, and would look ridiculous of they had a french finish. so i usually use an opaque natural pinky/beigy colour under my french (either polish or gel and i expect you can get these kind of powders for L&P, creative do loads of different ones dont they?!) that way you can place your white tip where it should be and you wont see the natural smile line coming through!!

not sure how well ive explained this, it makes sense to me!!! lol. I'm sure all the fab creative techs will be able to help you better!

xxx

Hi ZoeCu,

Don't worry sweetheart we all battled in the beginning. I would recommend some 121 training with your Ambassador, very intense and very good. My smile lines were also my problem when I started and they are fairly good now, not my best but I'm getting there. When I finished my creative foundation course I practised 3 hours every night, really pushed myself. In about a week I could not believe my improvement. I carried on using my homweork cards to monitor my sets for application as well as timimg. I now do a full set of pink and whites in an hour and a half and they look a hell of alot better than when I started.

Just practise all the time!! That is the secret!!! :hug:

Hope this helps
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NailNovice2 said:
Still go along for the job. They may be happy to take you on as a trainee.

I think you need a Nail Trainer. Do you have one?
i do have a nail trainer, do you think i should practice o it every night? I havent really been doing that sice i have passed. Ill have to get more nails for it. its jus that i didnt want to waste my products on it cause i cant really afford right now.

Latest posts

Back