need help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gembo

Reaction score
just done my first set of sculptured nails they were a mess,the natural free edge was showing a little bit through the tip and the acrylic was thick and uneven which meant lots of filing,im feeling totally rubbish now:rolleyes:

aaah, dont worry, nobody gets them right first time. if you are used to doing tip and overlay it can be a bit weird when you do a sculpt because you are used to having a 'framework' there to guide you take a look at the super sonic sculpting tutorial by samuel, it shows you a good way to sculpt out an extended tip and then work over it like you normaly would.as for the natural nail showing through, try reducing the length of the free edge more before you fit the form and pay attention to the angle that the form goes on, if its tilted down at all, the natural nail will be nearer the surface and show when you thin the extension with your file.

angel fingers said:
aaah, dont worry, nobody gets them right first time. if you are used to doing tip and overlay it can be a bit weird when you do a sculpt because you are used to having a 'framework' there to guide you take a look at the super sonic sculpting tutorial by samuel, it shows you a good way to sculpt out an extended tip and then work over it like you normaly would.as for the natural nail showing through, try reducing the length of the free edge more before you fit the form and pay attention to the angle that the form goes on, if its tilted down at all, the natural nail will be nearer the surface and show when you thin the extension with your file.
thanks for the advice angel ,i think ur right the nailform was pointing down a little bit it wouldnt lie flat ,i think i,ll stick to tips in future.

dont give up, i bet your first set of tips wasnt much to write home about. do tips for the time being on your clients but practice your sculpts on mates/trainer until you fell happy with them.

angel fingers said:
dont give up, i bet your first set of tips wasnt much to write home about. do tips for the time being on your clients but practice your sculpts on mates/trainer until you fell happy with them.
the lady i did them on was a mate she said she liked them but i,d liked to see them in a few day i bet they are lifting and falling off.
were the nail was showing through a bit i put a few rinestones on which sort of covered that up a bit,i dont understand when i did these on the nail trainer they were brill i was really proud of myself i even tried on a couple of my nails and they were fine too.i,m thinking of investing in a drill cause all that filing was a complete nightmare.just keep going with my head down eh

Sculpting is hard at first, but with practice, it is really quick and easy. Try sculpting the free edge in 2-3 layers, remember to file the natural free edge down short, and round it so the form fits better. Then apply the fisrst layer, thinly to create the extended free edge. Then apply the second layer, creating your smile line and going over the whole of the first layer, do a third layer if it is needed. With practice it does get easier, i promise!

pinkshell_nails said:
Sculpting is hard at first, but with practice, it is really quick and easy. Try sculpting the free edge in 2-3 layers, remember to file the natural free edge down short, and round it so the form fits better. Then apply the fisrst layer, thinly to create the extended free edge. Then apply the second layer, creating your smile line and going over the whole of the first layer, do a third layer if it is needed. With practice it does get easier, i promise!

thanks for the adivce i,ll give it a go and let u know how i get on

Sculpting is very hard and it would help you alot to see someone else put a form on. Untill i did training in sculpting mine were crap as well. You can't beat being shown and guided through a technique like this.

Don't give up, i didn't like doing them first few times, but once i was taught properly, i couldn't wait to do a fullset on a paying client.

YOU CAN DO IT.:biggrin:

First time i did sculpted nails was in college and the were hidious, i threw my brush and had a right strop. now thats all i do, rarely do tips, sculpting is quicker and cheaper too, you'll get there, practice makes perfect xxxxx

thanks for all ur advice and tips i,ll try again and just hope it comes together:o

Latest posts

Back