Nervous about making the decision

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she put a levl 6 or 7 all over it and had someone assist her she could do it! Were all girls its not that hard!! My friend who isnt a hairdresser i tOught her how to do it easily. And no im not taking money out of my pocket because in the long run they always come bCk and tip me very well! And yeah u can ask the girl at the supplie store where a level 6 is!!! Not for directions how to do it... Hairdressers always tryin to take peoples money

Please give up hairdressing now and go for an office job!! I am also ashamed that you have given this advice and also that you tell your clients what to do to their own hair!!

Please give up hairdressing now and go for an office job!! I am also ashamed that you have given this advice and also that you tell your clients what to do to their own hair!!

As I said above, if the OP wants it that bad they'll do it... no need for such personal attacks on people...

That's why I hardly start a thread cos some on here are just too quick to attack!

As I said above, if the OP wants it that bad they'll do it... no need for such personal attacks on people...

That's why I hardly start a thread cos some on here are just too quick to attack!

Their would be much worse "personal attacks" if something went horribly wrong after she gave a none professional advice on a professional service. Would you give a non pro advice on how to do a microsermabrasion or Aha face peel?

though I can see why she has given the advice and she shouldn't be crucified for it...

I hope OP realises that she MUST do this at a professional salon

I love Persianista's advice, I think she is like the GURU when it comes to hair on here

I hate that professional products can be bought by non-trade customers BUT I am a firm believer that knowledge is power

Eg: I used Fake Bake for manual tanning, didn't realise at college that it could be bought off a normal shelf, saw it in TJ Hughes of all places and was walking round Chester with smoke coming out of my ears, a friend decided to buy it and ask me what was the best stuff to buy for her needs as a full sysytem I said look don't waste your money as you'll never be able to tan hard to reach places, I'll do it for you as I have the full sysytem at home, she was adamant even with a 25% discount, begging etc

My point: She was so set on it that a week later meekly had the balls to decline my offers and insist she wanted to buy so I took her and she bought it and now it's in my cupboard with her name on it as she cannot reach the places I mentioned so deep down I was right but was I wrong to give in? Am I a therapist that gives people a bad name as I helped her purchase it?

I do not think so, I educate ALL my clients in a way that I see fit to their treatment for preparation and aftercare only

Unfortunately, I think this does all stem from people being able to buy whatever as people see it as a cheap way of doing things

We are not powerful enough to stop it. But still no need to have a go at people

If OP was set on doing it herself, is it not better that she was given proper advice as opposed to letting client go in blind?

Same as people who insist on going to NSS salons because it's cheap no matter how many times I've had to repair the mistakes/sort out their nails and try to get rid of MMA riddled product which is so bad

I would love to slap them all into touch but how can I?

I know what is right in my industry but I have no right to to enforce my view to the point that I offend

I get so sad when people do DIY or go to a charlatan instead of listening to me because I'm not that expensive and I do genuinely care for all of my clients but it gets to a point that I think you can lead the horse to water but cannot make it drink

If OP did go it alone and had green hair/no hair then she only really would have herself to blame

I've seen people slate EBay off but I have bought certain things from there and have not had a single problem but if and when it goes wrong, which one day it probably will, then it was my own fault. Not going to find the person that told me about EBay and proceed to tell them what an embarrassment etc etc that they are...

Just saddened by some comments that I've seen over the last month across the board

TRhis site can get scary sometimes

though I can see why she has given the advice and she shouldn't be crucified for it...

I love Persianista's advice, I think she is like the GURU when it comes to hair on here

I hate that professional products can be bought by non-trade customers BUT I am a firm believer that knowledge is power

Eg: I used Fake Bake for manual tanning, didn't realise at college that it could be bought off a normal shelf, saw it in TJ Hughes of all places and was walking round Chester with smoke coming out of my ears, a friend decided to buy it and ask me what was the best stuff to buy for her needs as a full sysytem I said look don't waste your money as you'll never be able to tan hard to reach places, I'll do it for you as I have the full sysytem at home, she was adamant even with a 25% discount, begging etc

My point: She was so set on it that a week later meekly had the balls to decline my offers and insist she wanted to buy so I took her and she bought it and now it's in my cupboard with her name on it as she cannot reach the places I mentioned so deep down I was right but was I wrong to give in? Am I a therapist that gives people a bad name as I helped her purchase it?

I do not think so, I educate ALL my clients in a way that I see fit to their treatment for preparation and aftercare only

Unfortunately, I think this does all stem from people being able to buy whatever as people see it as a cheap way of doing things

If OP was set on doing it herself, is it not better that she was given proper advice as opposed to letting client go in blind?

Same as people who insist on going to NSS salons because it's cheap no matter how many times I've had to repair the mistakes/sort out their nails and try to get rid of MMA riddled product which is so bad

I know what is right in my industry but I have no right to to enforce my view to the point that I offend

I get so sad when people do DIY or go to a charlatan instead of listening to me because I'm not that expensive and I do genuinely care for all of my clients but it gets to a point that I think you can lead the horse to water but cannot make it drink

If OP did go it alone and had green hair/no hair then she only really would have herself to blame

I've seen people slate EBay off but I have bought certain things from there and have not had a single problem but if and when it goes wrong, which one day it probably will, then it was my own fault. Not going to find the person that told me about EBay and proceed to tell them what an embarrassment etc etc that they are...

Just saddened by some comments that I've seen over the last month across the board

I think the harsh comments were for a reason, in your above quite you say if op was going to do it, then better to have proper advice, which she clearly wasn't given, the advice given was to achieve green hair!

All for helping out other people, but if you don't no what your on about, you should keep advice to yourself

"TRhis site can get scary sometimes" ......... LOL!!!:)

At the end of the day I wouldn't advise anyone on how to color their own hair, I would advise them on the benefits of me or another professional doing it properly.

There has been some dreadful, and downright wrong advice given on this thread. I am not surprised that the pro hairdressers have posted as they have.

One poster gave stupid advice that would turn the OP's hair greeny/grey. I cannot beleive anybody with a shred of awareness would defend this advice.

Can hair advice be kept to hair professionals please, as per the geek commandments.

Your a joke. And put professional hairdressers to shame!

Couldn't agreed more, you giving terrible advice! Stop giving hairdressers a bad name.

There has been some dreadful, and downright wrong advice given on this thread. I am not surprised that the pro hairdressers have posted as they have.

One poster gave stupid advice that would turn the OP's hair greeny/grey. I cannot beleive anybody with a shred of awareness would defend this advice.

Can hair advice be kept to hair professionals please, as per the geek commandments.

Not defending poor advice at all, but don't think it's fair to be that harsh to someone.

Maybe should ask mods/tech to stop non hair pro's being able to read the hair forum then.

I'm a beauty therapist not a hairdresser so may I give my opinion on what I've read in this thread.

I applaud CRAIGYS response to the poster who gave the most ridiculous advise to the OP. Her advice was madness even to a non-hair person!

I can't bear the things some people say to each other on this site sometimes but I really don't think CRAIGYS was out of order at all.

If I advised an untrained person to attempt a Hollywood wax on themselves by purchasing a pot of wax from Boots, heat in the microwave (aaargh) and just slap it on all over then pull it off cos its easy I would expect someone to call me a joke too!!!

For once this blunt talking was justified.

Great advice from most of the posters on this thread.

Jacqui xx

Hairdressers always tryin to take peoples money

I can only speak for myself, I have spent lots of time and money training over many years improving my skills and the image of my chosen career - Hairdressers are very quick to under estimate themselves and this is why we are not always valued and respected as professionals - A profession that brings millions to the economy. We need to promote ourselves as educated and business like - I am more than willing to advise my clients how to blow dry their hair at home, which products to use and what suits them - all free of charge - but to actually tell them what chemicals to put on their hair at home - no never, to me it's the ultimate degree of unprofessionalism, and potentially dangerous.

Hairdressing is a business not a charity and as long as the charges are fair we should not be ashamed to be paid for our hard earned skills.

I ain't gonna apologise for taking peoples money! I do this for my living.

Sounds like lily 143 is doing it for a hobby or to feed her ego.

I have mouths (furry ones) to feed, anda mortgage to pay. There is nothing clever about not making money.

just a reminder folks....

19 - Though shall not give pseudo-professional advice
In the forums where you are not a professional (i.e. the Hair Geek forum if you are not a professional hair messer) you may not give advice. This is a forum for professionals and the only way to keep it that way is to make sure that you are very careful in your comments that you make in forums where you hold no qualifications. It is fine to chime in with opinion as long as it does not lead readers to construe that the information you have given is a professional recommendation. On that note, please do NOT recommend OTC (Over the counter) products and services. These are not professional.

and....

5 - Reply to others how you would like them to reply to you.
This is possibly THE most important of all commandments here. I have a low tolerance for members who show disrespect to others (even if the disrespect is somehow warranted). Rude and thoughtless posts are the fastest way to make you look like a right ass in front of the world. Its also a quick way to find yourself on the wrong side of a ban with a shed load of negative reputation points. If you can't say it nicely, don't say it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back