Non-Acetone or Acetone???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nat Tov

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Just after some feed back. I was just reading the maintenance advice on hooked on nails website and read, quote, "when changing polish between maintenance, remove polish with regular polish remover" blah, blah, blah , I have never recommended the use of non acetone polish remover". Now I'm a little confussed because I was always trained to advise non acetone remover! Any thoughts??

Nat

Nat Tov said:
Hi everyone, Just after some feed back. I was just reading the maintenance advice on hooked on nails website and read, quote, "when changing polish between maintenance, remove polish with regular polish remover" blah, blah, blah , I have never recommended the use of non acetone polish remover". Now I'm a little confussed because I was always trained to advise non acetone remover! Any thoughts??

Nat

I only every use 'acetone free' so then I am safe on the natural nail or echancments and I only have to buy one type of product.

Hth

Hi Nat,

I think your post is a little mixed up - you contradict yourself in the statement. In any case, non-acetone remover should always be used by clients wearing enhancements.

I only buy Non Acetone too!!!

Tilly xx

I know non acetone should always be used on enhancements, that was what I was taught. But why would hooked on nails suggest using regular polish remover??? Does that mean that you can but we prefer not to because over exposure leads to product breakdown. I'd never heard before anyone say it was ok to use regular polish remover on enhancements, totally threw me!

I only ever use acetone free remover too.

I only ever use acetone free, tho an old manager of mine used to use acetone, she said ''your only wiping over the nail, its not going to weaken the enhancement and its saves buying non acetone''

I dont see any contradictions in your thread.

jac extreme said:
I dont see any contradictions in your thread.

Thanks Jacqui. I thought I was going mad! Must have been read quick and misunderstood! I'm going to stick to non acetone just confused why they would suggest using it on enhancements when I thought everyone was told not to. Always found the site helpful until I read that. TVM :Love:

I guess I'l really blow your mind... I use 100% pure acetone to remove polish on every one:eek: It's less expensive here, and then if I need to soak one off, it's handy! Acetone removes polish very quickly, (ok, glitter polish takes a little work) and doesn't leave a sticky or gummy feeling to the nail surface. The chalky white is easily removed when filing for an in fill or rebalance, and it didn't take 10 minutes to get their dark polish off, so it saves me some time!

I have to agree with Jenny here .. In the SALON .. I used Acetoe remover on my clients. Much quicker and more efficient and never caused a problem. ..... BUT ........... I always recommended to THEM that they buy professional Non-ACetone remover from ME.Why on earth would I recommend a client to go to the pharmacy to buy regular polish remover when she would be much better off buying non-acetone polish remover from me?? Duh? Some people will never have a professioanl head on their shoulders.

If I was using acetone every day to remove my clients' polish my own enhancements would get wrecked. Do those of you who use it wear gloves to protect your own?

I never wore gloves Glynis, just held the pad without touching my nails.

It works so quickly you don't have to keep scrubbing the nail so your fingers aren't in contact for long if at all. I always hold the pad betwen my fingers and not using the tips of my fingers at all.

there was a post a good while back on this, and scince reading geeg and the nail geeks reply's i started using acetone when removing enamel from clients enhancements used with a hands down pad it is so much quicker.
i noticed that when using acetone free it would make the l&p quite tacky and would take ages to remove.
as allready said acetone is so quick there is no product breakdown at all.
though i do retail non-acetone nail enamel remover, you dont know how many times clients will remove their own nail enamel so best to play it self with them

And there's little old me struggling away with non-acetone - Doh! No more struggling with stubborn polish - yahoo!

I always use acetone to remove my clients polish or airbrushing, quicker and alot easier, I don't have the time to pfaff about with non acetone remover.
I never wear gloves either, it does no damage to my nails.I'm not soaking my nails in it just holding the pad under my first and second finger pads.

geeg said:
I have to agree with Jenny here .. In the SALON .. I used Acetoe remover on my clients. Much quicker and more efficient and never caused a problem. ..... BUT ........... I always recommended to THEM that they buy professional Non-ACetone remover from ME.Why on earth would I recommend a client to go to the pharmacy to buy regular polish remover when she would be much better off buying non-acetone polish remover from me?? Duh? Some people will never have a professioanl head on their shoulders.
Thanks for that, I would NEVER advise a client to use pure aceton...I was having a deliquent brain yesterday...I'm not sure it's back today either!!;}

Gigi, could you use pure acetone with say fibreglass or Fabric# systems without damaging the surface?

Hi glynis, Good question.

With Fabric# yes. With traditional one resin wraps NO.

Because the Fabric# system has BOOST which is a really dense top coat resin, it can take the quick swipe of acetone needed to remove enamel, but a traditional resin?? I think it would contribute to product breakdown faster than would otherwise happen. Thanks for this question.

i am SO glad i read this post! taking off polish drives me crazy, can't wait to get back in the salon and try with acetone!! Only a little thing i know, but i'm dead excited about it!!

thanks geeks - love this site!

Bud said:
i am SO glad i read this post! taking off polish drives me crazy, can't wait to get back in the salon and try with acetone!! Only a little thing i know, but i'm dead excited about it!!

thanks geeks - love this site!

Me too....lol i was always non acetone remover anything eles is bad....then after i read this i got my acetone out to remove my polish that had glitter in and is always a pain to get off (ripping my cotton to shreads) and it came off so much quicker...Doh !!! makes sence now.

Latest posts

Back