Paid Facebook page promotion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saira23

Reaction score
Has anybody seen a difference by paying to promote their page on Facebook?
I have almost 1500 likes but the most amount of people who have seen a post is just over 200!
I'm thinking of running a competition where to enter people just like a status/picture (not share) as this may get more people noticing the status' but also seen the option of promoting a page and didn't know if it was worth paying it?
Thanks! :)

Facebook provides the best return on investment as it's so cheap to advertise on there in my opinion.

With a competition, as you already have a a lot of likes, click boost post and leave it at it's default of target likers and likers friends. That should work well for you. Just enter your budget and duration and all good to go :)

My page turned from a profile to a business page so just getting used to it all! So if I click boost post, will that just get my post out to more of the people who like my page?
I sometimes see other business' page posts appear on me with 'sponsored' underneath, would that be a 'promote page'?
Can't you tell I'm new to it 🙈 haha

My page turned from a profile to a business page so just getting used to it all! So if I click boost post, will that just get my post out to more of the people who like my page?
I sometimes see other business' page posts appear on me with 'sponsored' underneath, would that be a 'promote page'?
Can't you tell I'm new to it 🙈 haha

You would come up sponsored if you pay to boost the post or promote the page. It depends what you want to achieve. Promote the page will do exactly that - a page advertisement, boost post will advertise that specific post IE release a new product, special offer or competition then I would just boost the post :)

Help a bit? Trial and error. As long as you set the budget right you can't go wrong.

Thank you for your response!
Definitely helps :)
I have a tanning salon and seen a decrease in lotion sales so considering doing a boost on a post linked to creams! Thanks again

Just for anyone else who was wondering the same as me.
I took BannerPenguin's advice and just boosted a post (Halloween themed that encouraged people to keep their eyes peeled on our page tomorrow for a treat or 2). I just paid £3. I have just short of 1500 likes on my facebook page. It was previous a profile which used to get a lot of likes, comments, etc. Since changing to a business page, my customers hardly interact.
I posted the update and after 1hr had no likes & 29 views. After paying the £3, I'm at 497 reach with 13 likes! Says I've only used 92p of my budget too.
I've not had any new page likes but promoting the page from facebook is quite expensive in my opinion but the boost post is definitely worth it!

Hmm - thanks for letting us know how your getting on. I was told by a rep that it only costs £5 to advertise on Facebook but when I've looked into it, you have to set a budget per day. Which got me worried as I only wanted to do a one off payment. How did you do it Saira? X

You put a maximum spend per day and the the number of days. I did £3 per day for 3 days on one. Another I just did obe day £3.

Hmm - thanks for letting us know how your getting on. I was told by a rep that it only costs £5 to advertise on Facebook but when I've looked into it, you have to set a budget per day. Which got me worried as I only wanted to do a one off payment. How did you do it Saira? X

You can pay daily to advertise the page or pay like £3 to advertise a picture you posted a status or something that you only pay once.

Boosting a post is great for a specific post but is unlikely to get any additional likes to your page. Just be careful - I've accidentally clicked the wrong type of advertising before and had people click through to my website but no extra page likes! Also your budget isn't necessarily set in stone. If your ad is more successful than anticipated, Facebook will charge you for those clicks! E.g. With the mistake ad, I set a budget for £6 but it came through as £10 as I had a lot of click throughs.

That said, Facebook is great for boosting profile and once people like your page, they tend to stay with you :)

I chose to boost a post and selected my budget as £3 per day, to run for 1 day. I paid via PayPal. When you pay with PayPal, you have to automatically agree for facebook to be able to take any money they want at any time. But it also states this can be cancelled at any time. So I agreed and cancelled the option for them to take more payments.
If you're unsure what I mean, let me know and I can explain to you step by step what I pressed :)
Are you looking to boost a post or get more page likes?

Boosting a post is great for a specific post but is unlikely to get any additional likes to your page. Just be careful - I've accidentally clicked the wrong type of advertising before and had people click through to my website but no extra page likes! Also your budget isn't necessarily set in stone. If your ad is more successful than anticipated, Facebook will charge you for those clicks! E.g. With the mistake ad, I set a budget for £6 but it came through as £10 as I had a lot of click throughs.

That said, Facebook is great for boosting profile and once people like your page, they tend to stay with you :)

So I've selected a £3 budget, could that come across higher if my post is more successful?
I thought the idea was that you pick a budget and they'd stick to it, how silly!

So I've selected a £3 budget, could that come across higher if my post is more successful?
I thought the idea was that you pick a budget and they'd stick to it, how silly!

Yes - at least it has done for me in the past! Not a huge amount higher, maybe only a few pounds but still a bit of a pain if there was a reason you were sticking to the budget. I'd still say it's worth it though, I just think that's a bit cheeky tbh! Xx

Yes - at least it has done for me in the past! Not a huge amount higher, maybe only a few pounds but still a bit of a pain if there was a reason you were sticking to the budget. I'd still say it's worth it though, I just think that's a bit cheeky tbh! Xx

The post I boosted had a £3 budget set but I paused it at £1.80 as I felt it did its job so apparently that's all I'll be charged. You can pause them at any time which is quite good :) I thought it'd be a minimum of the budget set. Will let you know if the pausing works!

Is it easy to do? How did you pay ? And can it be done with paypal like one if payment ?

Is it easy to do? How did you pay ? And can it be done with paypal like one if payment ?

It's very easy to do!
If there's a post you want to attract more interest to, you can boost it.
If it's your page, you can pay to promote.
I found boosting a post got more interest but promoting my page only got 1 extra like!
I used PayPal to pay :)

I use the page promotion and it's worked really well for me got my likes up and also views on posts have also boosted posts which I have had booking from and was really cheap to do wish I had done it ages ago lol

I use the page promotion and it's worked really well for me got my likes up and also views on posts have also boosted posts which I have had booking from and was really cheap to do wish I had done it ages ago lol

I got 1 like from page promotion & it was for someone at the other side of Manchester 🙈 can't see them travelling all that way just for a sunbed haha the boost post has worked great for me! Luckily I have a lot of page likes anyway but my posts weren't going out to even a quarter of them! Boost posts sent it out to over half of them! Just a pain to have to pay for it, should be automatically visible to anyone who's liked your page!

I got 1 like from page promotion & it was for someone at the other side of Manchester 🙈 can't see them travelling all that way just for a sunbed haha the boost post has worked great for me! Luckily I have a lot of page likes anyway but my posts weren't going out to even a quarter of them! Boost posts sent it out to over half of them! Just a pain to have to pay for it, should be automatically visible to anyone who's liked your page!

Do you think it's better to have a profile for business hen rather than a page? When id post hair pictures on my personal profile of get loads of likes! When I post on my page I've had a maximum of about 13 likes it's silly that not everyone sees it??

Do you think it's better to have a profile for business hen rather than a page? When id post hair pictures on my personal profile of get loads of likes! When I post on my page I've had a maximum of about 13 likes it's silly that not everyone sees it??

If you have a profile for your business Facebook will eventually convert it to a page. It's against the rules.

Latest posts

Back