Paid Facebook page promotion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid £8 for a post to be boosted and I got around 1000 views - no likes - no bookings - im fuming!

I can promote my page for £3 a day and I'll get between 5 and 21 likes? Isn't that expensive??

I think its a little bit of trial and error

at moment I'm experimenting with it - its not massive money

what did you put in your post?

I paid £8 for a post to be boosted and I got around 1000 views - no likes - no bookings - im fuming!

I can promote my page for £3 a day and I'll get between 5 and 21 likes? Isn't that expensive??

I'd like to know anywhere else you can pay £8.00 and have 1,000 people see it to be honest. Even google adwords would cost you more.

Also as much as I'm a fan of getting more likes (who isn't lol) unless it converts to customers & business it doesn't really matter.

I try and boost at least half of my posts every week, so that's three or four.

I pay £1 per boost, I don't think I need to do any more than that. Doing that, along with sharing my posts on local selling pages, I get about 700 post views. I get a few enquiries and have had a few bookings as a result of the boosts so they're paying for themselves so far.

Like Banner Penguin says, there's no other way you can advertise so cheaply and have such a big readership.

Sometimes it's not about the amount of immediate business you get from it, it's about getting your name out there and not letting people forget it. People may not need you there and then but will remember that post they saw for when they do need you :)

within reason it is... if you schedule your ad properly you have a degree of control over it - ive been watching and my new likes are all local within the area I specified

Mine too so far!

I try and boost at least half of my posts every week, so that's three or four.

I pay £1 per boost, I don't think I need to do any more than that. Doing that, along with sharing my posts on local selling pages, I get about 700 post views. I get a few enquiries and have had a few bookings as a result of the boosts so they're paying for themselves so far.

Like Banner Penguin says, there's no other way you can advertise so cheaply and have such a big readership.

Sometimes it's not about the amount of immediate business you get from it, it's about getting your name out there and not letting people forget it. People may not need you there and then but will remember that post they saw for when they do need you :)

Are there any particular type of posts you find more successful?

and do you have a day or time you start it that you find works better?

In my spare time (I'm in my first year so I'm not back to back yet) I create nail pops with nail art or different colour combos... Posting those always seems to drum up more interest than a standard status.

I always try to boost the post at around lunchtime, that way it's boosted for evenings and the next morning too and doesn't end at a facebook busy time of the day. I always share my posts on local selling sites between 7pm-9pm because I find they get most views then.

I find humour the most successful.
I boosted a pic of my very handsome dog with his face covered in snow with the caption "is your skincare up to winter? Call us for a free skin consultation. "

I got loads of likes, new page likes and three consultations from it.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I find humour the most successful.
I boosted a pic of my very handsome dog with his face covered in snow with the caption "is your skincare up to winter? Call us for a free skin consultation. "

I got loads of likes, new page likes and three consultations from it.

Vic x

Yes! This too!

I posted (but admittedly didn't boost) a picture of Ross from Friends when he'd had his disastrous spray tan, to promote mine. I didn't say they'd look like him lol - the caption was something along the lines of 'no need to count, mississippily or not, with a spray tan from me'... That got a few laughs and likes :)

In my spare time (I'm in my first year so I'm not back to back yet) I create nail pops with nail art or different colour combos... Posting those always seems to drum up more interest than a standard status.

I always try to boost the post at around lunchtime, that way it's boosted for evenings and the next morning too and doesn't end at a facebook busy time of the day. I always share my posts on local selling sites between 7pm-9pm because I find they get most views then.

Thick question. How do you find local selling sites?
Vic x

Thick question. How do you find local selling sites?
Vic x

Aw it's not a thick question!

I just typed 'for sale (town name)' in the facebook search bar and it bought up all the different selling sites. My local area is flooded with them :)

I just typed 'for sale (town name)' in the facebook search bar and it bought up all the different selling sites. My local area is flooded with them :)

great tips

im gonna go post on my selling sites now lol

Is it possible to post as from business page on these selling sites?

I did check out the local ones and most of them looked a bit dodgy!

Not that I know of... I usually just share my business status.

If they're 'like' pages you can, as long as you like the page as your business but most of mine are groups so need to share from my personal profile

yes!

a lot of them are actually groups so you just go your own business page and click on share this status

my local one put mine at top of page pinned it as notification was delighted

Facebook ads work well for our salon. There are a few ways to target that you should consider:

1. Target only your fans
2. Target those who aren't your fans.
3. Target your website visitors

To benefit from Facebook ads it's very important to use it's powerful targeting features...you can be very very specific...location, age, financial, interests, plus much more.

We've had good luck with targeting our website visitors. You set up a tracking pixel, and then after you get about 1000 visitors you can start targeting them for ads. It's great targeting people who already have somewhat of an interest in your salon. Here's a video on how we do that:

How to create a Facebook Ads custom audience from your salon’s website visitors « Salon Business TV

Has anybody found that after using facebook to boost posts, the times you don't use it, the views are dramatically lower.

For example, before I used facebook to boost I used to get around 150-200 views. I then boosted it and could get around 2000 views!!! After not bothering to boost, I now get a maximum of 30 views?!

It's like Facebook has noticed I'm willing to pay to boost and getting my views less so I boost more!

I have also noticed this happens .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can depend on when you post time wise etc. I'd always recommend trying to get all your likers to click 'See all notifications from this page' or something along them lines I'm pretty sure it says.

Has anybody found that after using facebook to boost posts, the times you don't use it, the views are dramatically lower.

For example, before I used facebook to boost I used to get around 150-200 views. I then boosted it and could get around 2000 views!!! After not bothering to boost, I now get a maximum of 30 views?!

It's like Facebook has noticed I'm willing to pay to boost and getting my views less so I boost more!

You know, I was thinking about this too. I'm getting about 16-30 views per post unless I boost it... Very sly and not on at all!

I'm all for paying for advertising but it's gotta be reasonable. I have 450+ likers so I'm not even getting 10% of my likers see my posts unless I pay!

You know, I was thinking about this too. I'm getting about 16-30 views per post unless I boost it... Very sly and not on at all!

I'm all for paying for advertising but it's gotta be reasonable. I have 450+ likers so I'm not even getting 10% of my likers see my posts unless I pay!

I have just short of 1500 likes and my posts are getting about 35 views on average now! We shouldn't have to pay to boost EVERY post. My page changed from a profile to a business page, miss my profile so much! Can definitely see a big difference in interest since changing!

Latest posts

Back