Paid Facebook page promotion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whenever I try to boost a post it says 'something went wrong please try again later' but later I still get the same message, does anyone know how I can contact FB to rectify the matter please?

Do you think it's better to have a profile for business hen rather than a page? When id post hair pictures on my personal profile of get loads of likes! When I post on my page I've had a maximum of about 13 likes it's silly that not everyone sees it??

I preferred the profile for that very reason! But facebook will eventually convert it to a page, that's what happened to my profile! You can pay to boost posts and that helped my page a little :)

Whenever I try to boost a post it says 'something went wrong please try again later' but later I still get the same message, does anyone know how I can contact FB to rectify the matter please?

Is this on your mobile or laptop? If you've only tried it on one, I'd try the other one and see if it does the same!

so boost post gets your post exposed to people who already like page and promote page gets you new likes?

has anyone seen this make a noticeable increase to business?

ive coverted over from friend request to like page and find it harder work to get interaction

so boost post gets your post exposed to people who already like page and promote page gets you new likes?

has anyone seen this make a noticeable increase to business?

ive coverted over from friend request to like page and find it harder work to get interaction

I recently boosted a post about our custom printed umbrellas (always go down well with the great British weather).

Usual reach for us is between 100-300 people. We got a reach of just shy of 4,000 people. In my mind that's 4,000 people seeing your name and just helps with brand recognition, however we did get a bit of interaction on it and also a few orders so it was worth while.

I recently boosted a post about our custom printed umbrellas (always go down well with the great British weather).

Usual reach for us is between 100-300 people. We got a reach of just shy of 4,000 people. In my mind that's 4,000 people seeing your name and just helps with brand recognition, however we did get a bit of interaction on it and also a few orders so it was worth while.

that sounds amazing (and going to go look at your umbrellas now they sound class lol)

how much did you spend? I was looking at the budgets and when you click the lowest say £3 its says maximum spend £25 what does that mean?

that sounds amazing (and going to go look at your umbrellas now they sound class lol)

how much did you spend? I was looking at the budgets and when you click the lowest say £3 its says maximum spend £25 what does that mean?

I always set a budget to what I fancy depending on what it is. IE I normally assign a decent budget to website advertisements.

I set a £10 budget to my umbrella post over 2 days so cost me £5 per day.

I always set a budget to what I fancy depending on what it is. IE I normally assign a decent budget to website advertisements.

I set a £10 budget to my umbrella post over 2 days so cost me £5 per day.

that's a great result for £10!

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I found promoting my page didn't get much interest on new likes!
But BannerPenguin recommended boosting a post, tried it and got lots more interaction and interest from my existing customers!
I do prefer the normal profile but suppose we all have to get used to the proper business pages 🙈

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I found promoting my page didn't get much interest on new likes!
But BannerPenguin recommended boosting a post, tried it and got lots more interaction and interest from my existing customers!
I do prefer the normal profile but suppose we all have to get used to the proper business pages ��

ive just done same as banner penguin will let you know how I get on

I'm in the middle of a week long status boost costing £19.00
I chose for it to be aimed at my tiny village & the 2 nearest small towns where most of my clients come from & also a couple of tiny villages in between.
I didn't extended the radius but believe you can choose within 10 20 etc of chosen places!
I could of aimed at likers friends or there was another option, I can't remember but you could only pick one.
I was also given the option of writing interests down which might appeal to people who would like a treatment. So I picked wine, cosmetics, fashion, music etc
So far my post has been viewed almost 3000 times & I've gained 5 new likers with in my target zones.
I currently only have 223 likers & usually only about half see each post.
Hth
Kt

loving this thread - gaining so much from it

loving this thread - gaining so much from it

That's what I love about SalonGeek, everyone is so helpful! I've got so much more info & ideas since joining too!

Hmm that is interesting, and I have also found that very rarely when I've promoted the page rather than a post, I've got likes from very random names! I only ever promote a post now, and you can target specific towns in your area, which I have found much more effective! x

Hmm that is interesting, and I have also found that very rarely when I've promoted the page rather than a post, I've got likes from very random names! I only ever promote a post now, and you can target specific towns in your area, which I have found much more effective! x

Can u please elaborate more hon what you mean ! Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I paid £8 for a post to be boosted and I got around 1000 views - no likes - no bookings - im fuming!

I can promote my page for £3 a day and I'll get between 5 and 21 likes? Isn't that expensive??

Latest posts

Back