Paid Facebook page promotion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can depend on when you post time wise etc. I'd always recommend trying to get all your likers to click 'See all notifications from this page' or something along them lines I'm pretty sure it says.

Can they do this on a mobile app too?

I post at similar times to previous and there's definitely a decrease in comparison to before I boosted posts.

Thank you!

Wow that's very interesting. I feel for those businesses who solely rely on Facebook only as an advertising tool!

Personally no business should ever rely 1 advertising outlet, Facebook especially, it's a very poor business strategy.

Even SEO offers fantastic return on investment once you're at the top of google but google changes so often. One day you can be number 1, next day you could fall off the planet and your business implodes over night. It happens. Honestly. Always have a plan B.

Hi,

I've just tried facebook promotion for the first time and I set the target area to my two local towns Rickmansworth and Watford. Well my 1st like is from Bangladesh and I even selected that only the UK can see my page!

Anyone else had this?

I found it pointless aiming at certain areas. I spent a fortune and got hardly any likes! I boost posts to my likers and their friends. That way it will definitely be reached by potential customers as their friends of current likers :)

Here is some results I've had very recently. Past few weeks to be exact.

I run a page promotion and gained 60 new likers. Obviously countrywide though over area based.

Also I released yesterday afternoon our Christmas Advert that's cute/funny and just has our subtle branding in. I'm currently paying to boost it and I wouldn't use the term 'viral' but it's going well. It's had several likes, shares from people that aren't even likers and people tagging there friends to see it. Yes it doesn't actively say what we do but it gets your name out there.

It's reached nearly 3,200 people and been watched 125 times. Not too bad for less than 24hrs.

You can see it on our fb page - www.facebook.com/bannerpenguin

Here is some results I've had very recently. Past few weeks to be exact.

I run a page promotion and gained 60 new likers. Obviously countrywide though over area based.

Also I released yesterday afternoon our Christmas Advert that's cute/funny and just has our subtle branding in. I'm currently paying to boost it and I wouldn't use the term 'viral' but it's going well. It's had several likes, shares from people that aren't even likers and people tagging there friends to see it. Yes it doesn't actively say what we do but it gets your name out there.

It's reached nearly 3,200 people and been watched 125 times. Not too bad for less than 24hrs.

You can see it on our fb page - www.facebook.com/bannerpenguin

I've seen your advert, I loved it. Loved how your branding was very subtle but definitely catches people's attention!

Does anyone know if there is a way of finding out people who have 'checked in' to your business? I used the ipad/iphone pages app and can't seem to find it on there!

I was thinking of doing a competition where everyone who 'checks in' gets entered to win a prize as I know it catches my attention when I see a friend checking in somewhere!

Thanks

Haven't read through all of post, but we have had a fab response to our lash extension advert on Facebook had 8 new clients for full sets of individual from one advert that cost £24!

Hi I have used FB and twitter to promote my business it was a bit hard to grasp how to set it up but I soon got the hang of it. The great thing is that you can really drill down and target people that are in your location. It worked for me also if you have a salon software you should be using that to market your business if it has the capabilities. Hope that helps

Hi,

I've just tried facebook promotion for the first time and I set the target area to my two local towns Rickmansworth and Watford. Well my 1st like is from Bangladesh and I even selected that only the UK can see my page!

Anyone else had this?

Yes. All the time. I find it a waste of money!!!

Latest posts

Back