Pension scheme help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
Does anyone know about the pension scheme? I'm taking over a salon and would like some info on this.

I looked online and it says employees that qualify for a pension have to earn at least £10,000 so as i will be having part time staff, if they earn under 10k from me a year will i not need to bother?

If they say they don't want one what do I do- do i not have to do anything or do they need to put it in writing that they have been offered but don't want one?

If anyone has any help or advice I would really appreciate it.

I think you still need to provide a pension scheme as an employer but you don't need to contribute unless your staff member earns more than £112 per week, £486 per month or £448 every 4 weeks. Your staff members can contribute without you having to make the contribution should they choose. The Government website gives you everything you need to know.

If they earn less than than 10,000 they are not automatically enrolled But u still have duties to follow. It's all on line you will get a code and the links show you what to do. You have to write to them giving them a choice but the letter templates all on line for you . Good luck

Ok thank you both for your help :)

Latest posts

Back