Permanent straightening gone wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cel-123

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I went to a salon to permanently straighten my hair last Sunday. The hair stylist said she had 5 years+ of experience, and she has done the straight perm/relaxer before. However, my hair is very frizzy and wavy, I just wanted it to be straight. I had a Brazilian Blowout before, it was amazing but only lasted a few months.

Although she seems experiment in permanently straightening my hair, these were the steps she took. (I am 100% she skipped one. Resulting in my perm lasting exactly 4 days).

1) Washed my hair, shampooed, conditioner.
2) Applied the first product of the perm. Left for 10ish minutes.
3) Rinsed it.
4) Applied the neutralizer.
5) Just blow dried my hair.

As I recall from having a Brazilian Blowout, she had to apply the first product, rinse, blow dry/straighten, then apply neutralizer, rinse, blow dry/straighten?? She did not use a hair straightener ONCE.
I am pretty upset and I don't know what to do. Taking advices.

PRODUCT USED: Iso option 1

Go back to the salon and complain. They will see that it isn't straight.

Go back to the salon and complain. They will see that it isn't straight.
I feel bad because it was fairly cheap for a perm. She charged $80.. Should I still complain? :/

I feel bad because it was fairly cheap for a perm. She charged $80.. Should I still complain? :/

Price is irrelevant.
If it was advertised as 'bargain straightening for $80 but we won't guarantee it lasting very long' presumably you'd have saved your $80 and looked for something else?
Now you're $80 down with potentially damaged hair.

Definitely go back and complain.

Hi everyone,

I went to a salon to permanently straighten my hair last Sunday. The hair stylist said she had 5 years+ of experience, and she has done the straight perm/relaxer before. However, my hair is very frizzy and wavy, I just wanted it to be straight. I had a Brazilian Blowout before, it was amazing but only lasted a few months.

Although she seems experiment in permanently straightening my hair, these were the steps she took. (I am 100% she skipped one. Resulting in my perm lasting exactly 4 days).

1) Washed my hair, shampooed, conditioner.
2) Applied the first product of the perm. Left for 10ish minutes.
3) Rinsed it.
4) Applied the neutralizer.
5) Just blow dried my hair.

As I recall from having a Brazilian Blowout, she had to apply the first product, rinse, blow dry/straighten, then apply neutralizer, rinse, blow dry/straighten?? She did not use a hair straightener ONCE.
I am pretty upset and I don't know what to do. Taking advices.

PRODUCT USED: Iso option 1

The first thing she did wrong was condition... Are you a hairdresser?

The first thing she did wrong was condition... Are you a hairdresser?

Ask a Pro is for non professionals to ask for general hair and beauty advice but it's against site rules to give technical advice.
I assume in this case, that she's a client asking if her hairdresser might have made a mistake.

it's against rules to give technical advice to someone who isn't qualified?

No! Sorry didn't know that!

Latest posts

Back