Pink hair gone wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessblakeleyyx3

Reaction score
Recently had my hair done hoping for a candy floss pink but the result is uneven, darker on the ends, lighter at the roots. If I use green washing up liquid, will it neutralize the pink tones? Any advice would be appreciated.
Hair.jpg

Recently had my hair done hoping for a candy floss pink but the result is uneven, darker on the ends, lighter at the roots. If I use green washing up liquid, will it neutralize the pink tones? Any advice would be appreciated.View attachment 204189

Welcome to Salon Geek.

Are you a qualified hair professional?

No I'm not.

Your thread has been moved to the Ask a pro forum, although please be aware that our hair professionals are not permitted to give detailed technical advice or formulas to those who are unqualified.

I hope a qualified hairdresser didn't leave you looking like that if you had asked for candy floss pink?
If so, you need to go back and get them to put it right.

Presumably you wouldn't wash your face in fairy liquid?
So don't use washing up liquid on your hair. All it will do is cause a lot more damage as the detergent it contains is far too harsh. (It's a bit like thinking that toilet bleach is the same as hair bleach or teeth bleach...! ) Just ask yourself, does washing up liquid turn the water green?

I hope a qualified hairdresser didn't leave you looking like that if you had asked for candy floss pink?
If so, you need to go back and get them to put it right.

Presumably you wouldn't wash your face in fairy liquid?
So don't use washing up liquid on your hair. All it will do is cause a lot more damage as the detergent it contains is far too harsh. (It's a bit like thinking that toilet bleach is the same as hair bleach or teeth bleach...! ) Just ask yourself, does washing up liquid turn the water green?

Thanks for your response. It was just something I had heard about neutralizing colours hence why I thought I would ask. My hairdresser is my housemate (she is qualified not sure if it's level 2 or 3).. I am hoping she will rectify it for me. What would you recommend she does to achieve a lighter pink look? Thanks

Honestly? I think you should find another hairdresser if she left you looking like that. :eek::(

I agree, to get candy floss pink you need to be very very light blonde... I don't think she has much idea of what she's doing if she's left you like that. Sorry.

Latest posts

Back