Placing rhinestones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deedeelibra

Reaction score
When í place a rhinestone on the nail ( L&P ) it will only stay on for only 2 days.
I tryed 2 different ways to stick them to the nail.
1 a little drop of topcoat, rhinstone in it, than sealing with topcoat.
2 a little drop of glue and than topcoat over it.

I don't think its normal that it only stayes on for 2 days, so all your suggestions are welcome :biggrin:

I would normally go for the glue and topcoat method. Which glue are you using?

And which topcoat, for that matter?

Personally, I use a bottle of cheap resin to stick my rhinestones... they last until I want to take them off usually ... sometimes I actually have to clip them off and then file off the foil backing.
I dont usually topcoat them.

I used the glue and topcoat from ONS

I use topcoat from OPI and put a little blob on, stick the rhinestone on and then top coat again and it lasts for about 4-5 days!

I usually set them in to a top coat of UV gel and they stay on untill the rebalance. I'm fairly new to nails though so I'm not sure what the preferred method is!

I use a dab of glue with natural nails or set them into gels.

Sometimes they come off due to where you place them, if its to close to the tip its not uncommon for them to come loose. I've also noticed cheep plastic rhinestones never last half as long as proper crystals ones.

I always press mine onto a good generous coat of clear polish then seal them in topcoat - set them in well and they can last over a week :)

Selina x

I do top coat put rhinestone on, then two generous layers of top coat. How long they last depends on the individual (whether they do gardening, washing up without gloves etc)!

Thanx all for sharing your experions with me.
I see the rhinestones are a tricky bissness wen you place them on the nails.
I will keep doing it but will get them out of the guarantie packidge :wink2:

Have a nice weekend,
Debbie

I use Star Nails Finishing Sealer. Apply a coat over polish, place your gems where you want, then apply another coat on top. I've had them last 2 weeks+ sometimes, doing it this way.

I always use my Out The Door topcoat and they never fall off I end up having to pluck them off when I remove the polish. I take an orange stick and dab a dot of topcoat where I want the rhinestone and then I pick up the rhinestone with my stick and place it, then add layer of topcoat. This works really well for me.

I stick them with a tiny blob of gel then cure for 90seconds. They very rarley fall off!!!

I usually build rhinestones into the enhancement or cover with Brisa gel topcoat so they are secure. If they are on top of polish, I push them into the polish while it is still wet then apply a generous layer of Super Shiney top coat when it is dry. Lasts for ages & super-effective.

I put mine in a coat of Brisa finishing gloss & set in UV lamp for 2 minutes, they always stay on. In fact still got some on my toes from 4 weeks ago. Think the trick is also where you place them.

Latest posts

Back