polish bubbling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clairep10

Reaction score
Hi
every one else but my mum has fine lovely looking polish when I'm done, but my mum, well it bubbles under neath now I know it's oil on the plate but I don't want to use Acetone, we have washed with manicure brush, wiped with non acetone, never go near her nails with oil if polish is to go on. What can i do to give my mum a polish that does'nt bubble? oh i have used diff brands all the same. Is it just that it's my mum!!!!!!:confused:

clairep10 said:
Hi
every one else but my mum has fine lovely looking polish when I'm done, but my mum, well it bubbles under neath now I know it's oil on the plate but I don't want to use Acetone, we have washed with manicure brush, wiped with non acetone, never go near her nails with oil if polish is to go on. What can i do to give my mum a polish that does'nt bubble? oh i have used diff brands all the same. Is it just that it's my mum!!!!!!:confused:

my sister has the same problem. i use scrubfresh or acetone to dehydrate the nail plate, then use base coat, 2 coats of colour and a top coat and voila...no more problems. hope this helps (i presume there natural nails, if not then skip the acetone)

just a thought nail enamel will not stick too the nail plate if you havent removed all non living tissue (just like you would prior to enhancements this needs to be removed) :)

*JOANNE* said:
just a thought nail enamel will not stick too the nail plate if you havent removed all non living tissue (just like you would prior to enhancements this needs to be removed) :)
I do a full cuticle with remover first then I get mum to go over the nail with the brush and hand wash then its awipe with non acetone, mum doesn't like the acetone as nail plate was looking rather flaky and now great not using acetone. So is scrub fresh an acetone type product?

clairep10 said:
then I get mum to go over the nail with the brush and hand wash

I would suspect this is your problem - wet nails will cause bubbling as the water is trying to escape through the polish.

I used a lint free pad dipped in water to wipe over and remove the cuticle remover, then dry with the corner of my towel.

Try it without so much water - and see how you get on

HTH
Trin
xx

Trinity Nails said:
I would suspect this is your problem - wet nails will cause bubbling as the water is trying to escape through the polish.

I used a lint free pad dipped in water to wipe over and remove the cuticle remover, then dry with the corner of my towel.

Try it without so much water - and see how you get on

HTH
Trin
xx
Thanks any thing, but thing is we were doing it with only the wipe then polishing, all others I do are fine just my mum has this prob, she's going away next week and i want to do a good job so there good for holiday, the polish stays on just has these little bubbles in the polish.

it's done it again, only on my mum and her nails not toes, I took off varnish with non acetone, wiped with sanitzer, primed with acid free primer, applyed base, two thin polish coats. and there it was within few mins before the top coat was applyed, the horrible little bubbles all over all nails. now everyone else fine.
So any ideas?
i was thinking of waiting longer between sanitizer, primer before I apply base coat. What about a diff base coat?
HELP PLEASE IT'S MY MUM?

ah bless you hun don't get stressed with it.

I do not ahve the answer to this solution but wondered if this may work. Why not try putting a very thin enhancement over her natural nail and polishign on top of that, it may be a temporary solution to your problem
x

You can also try this...........
A PREP Manicure, scrubfresh and then apply a very thin layer of resin to the nails............
let this air dry then proceed with the base, enamel and top coat............
This gives you a resin base to work on without having to do a complete fibreglass or Silk overlay...................
HTH

Nailsinlondon1 said:
You can also try this...........
A PREP Manicure, scrubfresh and then apply a very thin layer of resin to the nails............
let this air dry then proceed with the base, enamel and top coat............
This gives you a resin base to work on without having to do a complete fibreglass or Silk overlay...................
HTH
tHANK YOU i'LL TRY ANYTHING NOW, did them today for her hol and a real mess with all the bubbles, so upset :cry:

I found air bubbles in mine once or twice but i think it was due to applying the enamel too think - not sure - but thinner coats and i don't get any probs...

Just a thought....

Yep Andrea that usualy cures the aero bubbles effect................
Claire said she uses thin coats, so this is a mystery.............
Claire another thought Hun I have been thinking about this after posting my last post lol.....
I would not use Acid free primer under the base coat, as a good base coat is supposed to do this for you...Stickey or Toughen Up are the tops.... basing the nail ready for the enamel.............also dont shake the enamel to much, turn the bottle upside down and just roll it between the palms of your hand, this will agitate it enough to get to the right consitency, or else airbubbles can get trapped in the enamel and come to the surface during the drying process........wait a minute between coats.....give the enamel a chance to set............
Which base coat, enamel and top coat are you using ???? Some of the speed drying enamels can buble up, specially if they are shaken......
Sorry Hun just trying to help you here and getting to the root of the bubble problem xxx

but if you have tried everything and sure that there are no contaminants left on the nail plate then I would give the coating of resin a try......

Scrubfresh is a great product, make sure the plat is SQUEEKY CLEAN. 4 seconds per nail. Sticky base coat, 2 slaps of colour dont overload the brush and hit them with the new soleil heat curing top coat from Designer nails. dries enamel in 3 mins and looks like a gel finish. BINGO!

Which base coat, enamel and top coat are you using ???? Some of the speed drying enamels can buble up, specially if they are shaken......
Sorry Hun just trying to help you here and getting to the root of the bubble problem xxx

I m using Pronails, had no probs with them on other clients, going to wait between sanitizer and base longer, I am realy going to wipe wipe wipe each nail and leave to make sure mega dry.

Thank you all for your advice I am not going to give up as want my mum to have some fab nails.

Latest posts

Back