Professional or make your own website?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really happy with mine that I did myself

Lash N Load

I made my own via wix and converted it to HTML to show on iPads etc as I think this is important nowadays . I just wanted something simple www.emmamotionmakeup.co.uk. To get one made was extortionate and not in my budget so , had no option . But I have had lots of comment s on it from client s and they love hat it's clean and simple .

This is fab hun !! Love it x

Havent read all the responses on this thread but I had someone do it for me and looked aweful. Did it myself after that and looked amazing and professional. Plus I changed things whenever I wanted:)

I have a free website with Weebly and I bought my domain name from 123 reg.

I only had to pay for the domain name for 2 years. Took me a while to build it though but is really easy to add to and ammend. Mine is www.fabulashnailsandbeauty.co.uk :D

I bought a domain via 123 Reg and pointed it to a free website builder which is Wix. My website could be faster but here is mine www.jadorebeauty.co.uk

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

I made my own with create. I had the same dilemma but with little funds and wanting to be in full control of my website design and wording I decided to do my own. I'm not a whizz on these things but I found it easy enough, it had help on there if you need and the customer care part seems really good they've always got back to me quick smart in any question I have.

It costs me £4.99 a month and I don't even notice it leave my bank, I think that's reasonable.

If you want to check mine out its www.freelance-stylist.co.uk

Hope that's of some help you
:)

Wow you guy are so talented your sites are amazing. I've just finished mine with Vista Print free for the first month then I think about £8 after. It's been fine so far. You can tie all you printing to match. T-shirts business cards etc... www.adholistics.com

I bought a domain via 123 Reg and pointed it to a free website builder which is Wix. My website could be faster but here is mine www.jadorebeauty.co.uk

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek
It's lovely hun, who did your business cards please? X

Havn't got the time to go through the whole thread to see if peeps have mentioned these, but I've had 2 DIY sites and they're just as professional as having one built for you plus you can edit it whenever you want to without paying someone to do it for you. My 1st site was with Mr Site Standard, it was ok but limited as I couldn't generate discount codes, set up sale items or set up international shipping (so depends if you need those options). For the last year I've been with Create £9.99 a month and they're brilliant, monthly or annual payment and loads of options if you want/need an online shop plus they're very quick to resolve any tech problems and always updating with new features. If you want a ganders mines www.reviveholisticbeauty.com

Hi Geeks. I bult my own site after hubby bought me a domain name for my birthday form godaddy.com and also they are hosting for the year. I~ am no computer wizz but found it quite easy to put together the details i needed.

To the OP i would suggest giving it a go as you will be surprised how easy it can be and if you really get stuck you can call on a professional to help you out.
I built mine over a few evenings, but i do need to alter the treatment menus to text because at the moment they are all images (this was the quickest way to get the site published as I had the images already)

My site is Home

BTW geeks your sites are brilliant and good work all round :0)

xx

How did you do the convert. I have mine through wix at the moment but itsvnit viewable on ipads ect
Thanks

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek

I made my own site using Visual Site Designer and i do my own graphics, I then pay £4.95 per month for my hosting with 34sp.com and i bought my domain name from 1&1 internet, I've also bought 2 other domain names that also point to my site.

obsessionnailsmk.co.uk

gelnailsbyclairemiltonkeynes.co.uk
gelishnailsmiltonkeynes.co.uk

Evening, I was just wandering how long did it take you to get your website appearing on the first pages that popped up in google ???

I understand that your SEO have to be correct in order for your website to show up (but I am no expert in this field so I'm just making it up as I go along, hoping for the best)

Thanks

Hi I did mine through moonfruit too and bought the domain name through them, it didn't occur to me it would be cheaper to get that with someone else! At the mo I have the free site, hopefully upgrade when I get more established but so far client feedback has been really positive. I am not at all techy so I know it could be a lot better but it's fine for now while I am on a v.low budget and I felt quite proud of myself after doing it. It is easy to edit too.
www.divas-n-dudes.com

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

I did mine through serif Webplus, you can download Webplus x5 for free through serif, then you just have to choose who you host with and buy your domain! It's easier than you think, mine is www.lipstick-kisses.net

Latest posts

Back