Question..voucher spend ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sophster

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I recently got a spa voucher and I am thinking of going to a local salon to get my nails done, I have fairly long nails and rather than getting extensions (Which I can't afford to keep up) I would quite like to get my own nails overlayed with gel.. I don't know much about it though, how does it work? is it a good idea? and can you still paint them, or can you have them painted and then overlayed.. How much does it cost too?

The salon website I am looking at has these options, which would I be asking for?

(Gel top coat - 5mins - £3 / Natural gel nail extensions - 75mins - £35 / Overlay - 45 mins - £25.) I'm guessing the last one?

Thanks in advance!

xx

Wether you had the extensions or just the overlay they would still need to be maintained as they grow out. Or you could have them soaked off if you couldn't afford to keep up with them.The extension is just for length and then overlayed with gel for strenght, and a natural overlay an overlay of gel on your nail.

If you already have nice nails do they not do manicures /pedicures?

Last edited:
or do they not do minx for something a bit special

I think if i was you I would have either a nice manicure or save the voucher till the weather gets better and have a nice pedicure just in time for those open toe shoes :)

Thank you for the responses.. I just wanted them coated in gel for a bit of added strength really... So, what is a gel top coat? (It's £3 on the website, that's might cheap!?)

Can I get anything like that to do myself at home? Just to kind of set them, to add over polish and make it last better? Sorry if I sound completely dumb, but I'm just not sure.. They do manicures and pedicures, which I may just go with.. I just want a pampering treat, seeing as I have this £50 voucher, and I fancied getting my nails prettied up!

Well in that case I would book in for a luxuary manicure with a great polish and nail art ! You can then ask the technician/ therapist all of the above and see what she recommends !

The £3 gel is i presume a additional service to L&P...instead of hand buffing to a high shine...they apply a layer of gel gloss.

Its not something you can do yourself at home as you would require equipment and training...as removal can lead to damage if not done by a professional.

HTH x

Latest posts

Back