Really dumb question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryony

British Aussie Geek
Reaction score
:o :o :o

On my Creative foundation we were only shown how to do P&W. It's only just struck me (not taken long then, only 2 months!) - but if a client doesn't want permanent french look, what do you do instead? (assuming they don't want the permanent polish look either)

All my clients so far have had P&W, so it's not come up yet.

Do you just use perfect pink or clear in all 3 zones? Or use clear powder for the free edge and pink for zone 2 & 3?
I guess using regular tips you could use clear or pink and the opaque colour of the tip underneath would make it look quite natural? But I sculpt whenever I can as find fitting and blending tips sooooo tedious (and as it still takes me 4 hours to do a set, anything that saves me time is a bonus! LOL!) so what would you do here?

I don't even remember seeing any piccys where the nails weren't variations on P&W (unless they are 'permanent polish' one colour gel/ L&P).

Thanks

Hi, I have done my own nails without using white as I was finding it hard to do the smile lines on the 'other' hand. I used natural coloured tips and pink all over the whole nail and they looked fine. I suppose you could sculpt it just as well but i havent mastered that yet! I dont know about sculpting in clear though? maybe someone else can advise about that.... would it be see-through like a clear tip? :confused:

Hi bryony - if a client does want something less 'in-your-face' as Forever French, try Perfect Soft White or Perfect Clear in Zone 1 using Perfect Pink of Clear in Zones 2 & 3! The overall look is more natural! HTH's!

Hiya,

Also when sculpting, you dont want it to look transparant then use a little white in your pink, give it a good mix and this makes the colour more dense..........be carefull not to use too much white though!! and mark the pot that its in for when the client next comes in.....

Amanda

Latest posts

Back