Renting a room-help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmima1

Reaction score
hi there,

I'm going to look at a room in a hairdressing salon that is for rent. The owner wants £100 rent a week flat rate. I have no idea if this is good or not. your hekp would be gratefully received.

And I have no clue how it would all work...Clients call and book appointments with me direct? I take their money? wash my own towels at home?.....:confused:

well i was going to rent out my room in my salon for £100 but included me washing towels etc not the person renting

I think it would depend on where in Essex you are. My room is only £300 a month, others I looked at before were also the same amount in the Chelmsford area so £100pw would be a bit too expensive for me, especially as at the moment I am quiet.

I supply all my own products and wash all my own towels, although I have noticed some of my stuff go missing fairly recently so am very cross about that and have started to not keep so much there. They bring in clients for me, and those that have my mobile number I sort out. My only problem with where I am is that they don't want me to have my mobile number on the price lists, but the good thing with that is, is that they can be booked straight in rather than me having to ring the clients back with confirmation dates.

I love renting a room but at the moment money is tight so think carefully before you do it and make sure you have all the equipment and some money to keep you going at the beginning.

Good luck xx

Hi, I paid £50 for a room in a hairdressers, I do think it depends on the area though, I had my own sign put up on the side and used the shop number with a phone in my room too, I washed all my own towels and the cleaning was my responsibility. The only problem I had was noisy clients passing my door to enter the hair salon as it was an upstairs salon, if I was doing a facial etc it sometimes spoilt the moment! I found it quite hard to make it pay so gave it 12 months and then the clients I had built up there became my mobile clients, suits me better as still ended up doing house visits nearer home anyway mainly for people who couldn't drive etc.

I would think about distance, convenience and the area (parking etc) but don't think its mega expensive as long as its nice and clean and your prices can make it pay.
I did a promotion in that area and posted flyers offering everyones first treatment half price in the first wk/month. It got me quite alot of regulars! Good luck anyway whatever you decide! xx

Latest posts

Back