Running geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol I can't do treadmill it drives me insane :(
I am doing a 5 mile cross country race tomorrow my first race this year :) nervous but excited!

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

Good luck xx

Good luck xx

I did it in 46.58 which I am very pleased with though it was a bit slower than I had thought I'd do, but for my first race since I did the Half Marathon and my 'form' dipped drasticly after. It's taken me until now really to start to build back up to where I was. Am so glad I did it tough as I now have something to work on :D x

I did it in 46.58 which I am very pleased with though it was a bit slower than I had thought I'd do, but for my first race since I did the Half Marathon and my 'form' dipped drasticly after. It's taken me until now really to start to build back up to where I was. Am so glad I did it tough as I now have something to work on :D x

That is a really good time ;) I may do a treadmill rub tomorrow. There is nowhere safe but hilly round here this time of year :(

OMG I have just signed up for another Half Marathon!!

I now have 7 weeks to lose weight and build up my mileage!! AArrggghhhh

OMG I have just signed up for another Half Marathon!!

I now have 7 weeks to lose weight and build up my mileage!! AArrggghhhh

Mines in 8 weeks. Shall we have a virtual race? I'm aiming for 2 hours ;) will post official time on here :)

Mines in 8 weeks. Shall we have a virtual race? I'm aiming for 2 hours ;) will post official time on here :)

Yeah that's what I'm aiming for but as long as I come in less than last time I'll be happy! X

Yeah that's what I'm aiming for but as long as I come in less than last time I'll be happy! X

What did you do last time?

What did you do last time?

2 hrs 6 mins which I was landed with as I originally planned on a 2.20 time then as I had progressed so much I was aiming for 2.10 so to get 4 mins under that I was really pleased :) x

I did the Liverpool half marathon this time last year (In fact, my toenail has only just fallen off as a result of it, but that's another story.)

My aim was to do under 2 hours, so I timed myself on my phone (on my running app) on the day. I finished the race (having absolutely sprinted the last 4 miles), and was absolutely gutted that I'd finished at 2 hours 16 mins.

Anyway, I checked the official times the next day on the website, and realised, like an idiot, I'd set off my timer as the actual race started- and not when I was going under the start line!

And I'd actually done it in 1 hour 57 mins woohoo :)

Both great times ;) my training has fallen to the wayside for this week due to being full of cold :(

I did the Liverpool half marathon this time last year (In fact, my toenail has only just fallen off as a result of it, but that's another story.)

My aim was to do under 2 hours, so I timed myself on my phone (on my running app) on the day. I finished the race (having absolutely sprinted the last 4 miles), and was absolutely gutted that I'd finished at 2 hours 16 mins.

Anyway, I checked the official times the next day on the website, and realised, like an idiot, I'd set off my timer as the actual race started- and not when I was going under the start line!

And I'd actually done it in 1 hour 57 mins woohoo :)

That is an amazing time well done!

I have a Garmin forerunner 110 watch and I have to say it's my most treasured possession I don't leave the house for a run (or sometimes a walk) without it. It is really accurate with my times and pace and even gives calories used :)

You do though have to make sure you start it at the right time ;) well worth the money though if you can and are a running geek :) x

Both great times ;) my training has fallen to the wayside for this week due to being full of cold :(

Take it easy and only go back to it once fully recovered your training and fitness won't be effected much by a short break but if you go back to soon you'll suffer more as I found out last year going back too soon I ended up not running for a month due to illness :) x

That is an amazing time well done!

I have a Garmin forerunner 110 watch and I have to say it's my most treasured possession I don't leave the house for a run (or sometimes a walk) without it. It is really accurate with my times and pace and even gives calories used :)

You do though have to make sure you start it at the right time ;) well worth the money though if you can and are a running geek :) x

thanks! :)

I use the Runkeeper app on my Iphone that runs from GPS and its really handy (much like your watch I guess)- so much so that when its glitched out for whatever reason, I feel genuinely robbed of the miles from my profile :)

thanks! :)

I use the Runkeeper app on my Iphone that runs from GPS and its really handy (much like your watch I guess)- so much so that when its glitched out for whatever reason, I feel genuinely robbed of the miles from my profile :)

Lol nothing worse is there! I used map my run before I had my watch but I used to struggle where to keep it while running as I don't really like to have anything in my hands, I even struggle with my water bottle when it's hot lol x

I've just started back & a bit gutted that I found c25k week 1 difficult :-( bright side is that I was running much faster than before and if I can keep up the pace I should be around about a 30 min 5k (which seems a bit unbelievable as I was running it in about 48 mins previously!). Aiming to Parkrun before my birthday in April, which gives me 10 weeks to finish the plan. Fingers crossed.

3 weeks Sunday to Half marathon and so far training is going well. Out 4 times a week and long run this week is 10 miles :) Looking forward to it now and feeling great with it :D

Dragging this back up :) 2 1/2 weeks till my half eek
Just did 12.57 miles in 2 hours 1 min but I had to stop in the local park to use the toilet so knock 3 mins off that lol

Good luck for your run sounds like you will be awesome x

I have mine on Sunday and have mixed emotions lol I did 12.34 in 2.01 2 weeks ago so am hoping for less than 2.06 on Sun, though still paying for XC last week and no rest just straight to training the following day lol
Just hoping for no wind as its a coastal run x

Good luck for your run sounds like you will be awesome x

I have mine on Sunday and have mixed emotions lol I did 12.34 in 2.01 2 weeks ago so am hoping for less than 2.06 on Sun, though still paying for XC last week and no rest just straight to training the following day lol
Just hoping for no wind as its a coastal run x

I had hale, snow and wind today lol I was slow but my knee has been dodgy..you will cruise it Sunday. I bet you get under 2hrs xx

I had hale, snow and wind today lol I was slow but my knee has been dodgy..you will cruise it Sunday. I bet you get under 2hrs xx

At the moment I'll be happy with anything under 2.06 lol all my training runs have been mostly hilly so am fairly confident that I get a decent time as its a flat route compared to my local ones! The one thing that'll keep me going is the bottle or two of wine that will be waiting for me when I get home as I've not had a drink in 3 weeks :D x

Latest posts

Back