Sharpie & Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Markers for years now, to do qick nail art in salon. You can use it on gel, acrylic, and any soak off gel polish (hybrid gel) no mater which brand it is. Nails need to be just matt, then you do design and then seal. Of course if that on Gel polish then we apply top coat and then buff then design and then top coat again. It dry very quick which is great :)
It is great espesialy for swirls few seconds and it is done, few designs done with pen:

Your work is amazing! I've been noticing your work throughout SG and thought how talented you are as a nail artist. Great work!

I use Markers for years now, to do qick nail art in salon. You can use it on gel, acrylic, and any soak off gel polish (hybrid gel) no mater which brand it is. Nails need to be just matt, then you do design and then seal. Of course if that on Gel polish then we apply top coat and then buff then design and then top coat again. It dry very quick which is great :)
It is great espesialy for swirls few seconds and it is done, few designs done with pen:

Are all the pictures you posted done with marker pens?

Are all the pictures you posted done with marker pens?

Yes They done with marker pens. Have them on my nail desk all the time. Usualy use white and black ones on ring finger nails.

Thank you Bo. :hug:

Does any one brand work best? Which size point do you prefer?

OMG now I need a black and white lol :p

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

If you make a mistake with it does it wipe off or do you need to buff it off ?

WOW!! Which white sharpie do you use. Is it the oil based fine point one? Are all your sharpies the fine point ones?

x

Just watched this video by Cute Polish and immediately thought Sharpie! I'm rubbish hand painting anything! But I think I could do this design using uv polish and a Sharpie for the black outlines.

Love their videos. This one is super cute!

Valentine's Day Leopard Nails!! - YouTube

If you make a mistake with it does it wipe off or do you need to buff it off ?

I quickly wipe it off but if it dray to much then I need to buff agian as on french it stain a bit.

Ibizasun, which Sharpies are you using exactly? Are they the oil based fine point ones? Have you tried the metallic Sharpies? I am itching to order some of these and just want to make sure I get the right ones (to put with the rest of the pile of nail art stuff I never use :lol:)

WOW!! Which white sharpie do you use. Is it the oil based fine point one? Are all your sharpies the fine point ones?

x

Try few diffrent ones I have been using very fine ones like this (they from Poland)
Have also thicker nail art pen provided for nail art will check a brand tomorrow an let you know x

Attachments

• c_big1132777.jpg
    c_big1132777.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,537
Ibizasun, which Sharpies are you using exactly? Are they the oil based fine point ones? Have you tried the metallic Sharpies? I am itching to order some of these and just want to make sure I get the right ones (to put with the rest of the pile of nail art stuff I never use :lol:)

I don't use Sharpies as brand just diffrent ones but oil based are best as they can paint on anything (any surface) and dry quick. Thicker ones are better as we can dose a line by pressure.

Oh im glad theres a post on this as i also saw this on pinterest and thought oh what an idea! but just wasnt sure if it was professional enough. I have the metallic sharpie pens already as i brought them originally for christmas cards and crafts. They came as a set from hobbycraft which contain copper, gold and silver! going to have a play now :cool: Im intrigued by the white pen also :eek:

If you are using them over rockstars would you say to do two coats of top coat, then buff, design, then top coat again or just one coat of tc over the rockstars, buff, design then top coat again?

Also when buffing the tc over rockstars will this dull their shine at all or will the last coat of topcoat 'restore' the shine

x

If you are using them over rockstars would you say to do two coats of top coat, then buff, design, then top coat again or just one coat of tc over the rockstars, buff, design then top coat again?

Also when buffing the tc over rockstars will this dull their shine at all or will the last coat of topcoat 'restore' the shine

x

For both secend option :) so just one top coat gel then buff and then design and the top coat which bring shine back again :). If that soak off stuff then to take it off when you do mistake you just buff it . x

Now this is something I have to try! Because my CND additives, eyeshadow palettes (2 x 60), 50+ glitters, 20 foils, konad plates are not freakin ENOUGH! Now I gotta get sharpies! Lol

I am seriously ill ' :)

Lmao!!! I know right? It's an illness! :D

Now that is exactly what I'm trying to create!!!! Beautiful job! N thank you for the post. :) super talented :)

For both secend option :) so just one top coat gel then buff and then design and the top coat which bring shine back again :). If that soak off stuff then to take it off when you do mistake you just buff it . x

Thank you :) x

OMG! I've just been looking at the HobbyCraft website and they have a 24 pen set with a nice case, different point size pens, a silver one.. blah blah blah for £34. Salon Geek is so bad for making me want things I don't need.:smack:

Heather, do you mean the sharpie would go between the 2 layers of topcoat or you would have topcoat then sharpie then 2 more layers of top coat?

I'd be interested to try this on my own nails, I like playing around to see what works 😃

2 layers of color, cured 2mins each. Use a makeup sponge saturated with 99%isopropyl alcohol to remove tacky layer. Use sharpie. Let dry completely! Apply 2 layers of topcoat(if sharpie extends through to free edge, otherwise, one is fine), curing each layer for 2 minutes ☺

Latest posts

Back