Sharpie & Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400914949.518886.jpg I used Sharpies to colour in the flowers and they were fine...

Ooh I like this idea I've been wanting to create something like this (found image on Pinterest ) and thought how will I write love so neat but may try a sharpie thanks for the ideas :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1400917577.420564.jpg

Help!!!
I did a clients nails last week, I did base, 2xcolour, top, wiped & buffed away shine, sharpie art on both hands, and went back to the first hand when finished to reapply topcoat, it smudged only slightly, the second hand I tried dabbing the topcoat on(so I wouldn't be dragging over the art) which worked a bit better, cured both & for good measure reapplied another very thin topcoat, she sent me a message today saying the art has faded and smudged looking, she's coming tomorrow for me to have a look, what have I done wrong, she's very good with her gel polish, looks after it, usually still perfect except for re growth after 3-4weeks :(

I use Markers for years now, to do qick nail art in salon. You can use it on gel, acrylic, and any soak off gel polish (hybrid gel) no mater which brand it is. Nails need to be just matt, then you do design and then seal. Of course if that on Gel polish then we apply top coat and then buff then design and then top coat again. It dry very quick which is great :)
It is great espesialy for swirls few seconds and it is done, few designs done with pen:

Absolutely stunning!

Help!!!
I did a clients nails last week, I did base, 2xcolour, top, wiped & buffed away shine, sharpie art on both hands, and went back to the first hand when finished to reapply topcoat, it smudged only slightly, the second hand I tried dabbing the topcoat on(so I wouldn't be dragging over the art) which worked a bit better, cured both & for good measure reapplied another very thin topcoat, she sent me a message today saying the art has faded and smudged looking, she's coming tomorrow for me to have a look, what have I done wrong, she's very good with her gel polish, looks after it, usually still perfect except for re growth after 3-4weeks :(

I've never had much luck either, mine smudge unless I was to wait like 10 mins for it to dry!

I've never had much luck either, mine smudge unless I was to wait like 10 mins for it to dry!

Argh it's so frustrating, the nails were deadly, I'm so disappointed :(

in case anyone is looking for a sharpie bargain, the 24 pack 80's glam is on offer for £6.99 in whsmiths! Got mine today! Bargain! X

What can we use for white tho pls

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1436610096.704429.jpg

These were done using a cheaper version of sharpie pens. Marble effect, looks cool doesn't it! Xx

Latest posts

Back