Silicone free heat protector - any recommendations?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NicsV

Reaction score
HI, my hairdresser has just recommended i purchase a silicone free heat protector. Trying to grow my hair long but keep having to get the regrowth cut off!
As far as i can see, they ALL seem to have silicones in them. Does anyone know of heat protectant that doesn't?
Many thanks for your replies :)

Angel products but they are hard to get hold of as they are a French brand and not many people sell this brand X

There are different types of silicone based ingredients. Some types wash out easily with shampoo but others create a barrier that doesn't wash out and misleads you into thinking the hair indestructible, healthy and good condition, when in reality it's quite damaged. After too much heat/ straightening, it just breaks off.

Maybe you've seen a YouTube video where the hair breaks close to the scalp when using a straightening iron?

The other problem is that the coatings can have a detrimental affect when you bleach or colour the hair.

The washable silicones are fine. Usually, a good quality salon shampoo/conditioner should be ok. Stick with the better known brands such as Joico, Kerastase, Paul Mitchell if you're not sure.

Latest posts

Back