Silver/grey toner

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eve Cameron

Reaction score
IMG_7982.PNG

I have a client that wanted to achieve this look. She's a regular and gets full head bleached highlights. Right now she's has about a 10 yellow hair. The salon I work in only uses Matrix and I've researched loads of their grey formulas online and using the 'Silver Tone' formula last week which was 1oz 10A, 1/4 oz 10P + ribbon inch of blue and 10 vol. this grabbed to her newly bleached her but the rest was still warm compared to the new silvery/white tone. She's in this Saturday and I need help!! Anyone tried a silver matrix toner??

View attachment 203717
I have a client that wanted to achieve this look. She's a regular and gets full head bleached highlights. Right now she's has about a 10 yellow hair. The salon I work in only uses Matrix and I've researched loads of their grey formulas online and using the 'Silver Tone' formula last week which was 1oz 10A, 1/4 oz 10P + ribbon inch of blue and 10 vol. this grabbed to her newly bleached her but the rest was still warm compared to the new silvery/white tone. She's in this Saturday and I need help!! Anyone tried a silver matrix toner??
I don't use matrix, but I'd definitely consider something with violet in it, to counteract the yellow tones

I don't use matrix, but I'd definitely consider something with violet in it, to counteract the yellow tones

Will give it a try! Thank you.

Guy tang Sv rapid toner there brill x

I would just balayage the yellow tones with bleach 30vol then apply the silver matrix mix x

I would just balayage the yellow tones with bleach 30vol then apply the silver matrix mix x

You would put 30VOL on yellow hair.

Depending on how yellow and what red undertones underneath

Red tones are NOT yellow tones lol completely different altogether when it comes to bleach if you put 30 on yellow hair it would break.

Well i personally would make sure as its lifting its not going to break by checking not leave it on the hair for 40 mins or put under heat like some do !

Well i personally would make sure as its lifting its not going to break by checking not leave it on the hair for 40 mins or put under heat like some do !

What about 20 vol?

I have to agree, I don't understand the need to use 30vol when you only need a little bit of lift. It will lift too quickly and damage the hair. I personally would use 10 or 20 vol, nothing higher! But then I never use anything higher than 20vol with lightener but that's just me x

I have to agree, I don't understand the need to use 30vol when you only need a little bit of lift. It will lift too quickly and damage the hair. I personally would use 10 or 20 vol, nothing higher! But then I never use anything higher than 20vol with lightener but that's just me x

Same I bought 40 vol 2 years ago and haven't opened it LOL
I trust 20 vol with my life!

I always use olaplex when using bleach i suppose not every does the same i know im in control when lifting but always check during :)

If the bleach is good quality then I use color touch 1.9% to get from yellow to palest yellow.

There are some stylist I've worked with and I think to myself"Who taught them" they're mad. Each to their own ......

Latest posts

Back