Soaking acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikala-nails

Reaction score
Hiya,
I use CND acrylic and I'm just wondering how long acrylic should take to remove...
I use warm acetone and scrape and file inbetween soaking but they always take about an hour!
(I don't use the drill)
Just wondering how long you all take to remove? Thanks in advance xx

Approx 20 mins. I de-bulk with a file. Saturate a cotton pad in remover then wrap with foil. Proceed along all 10 nails. Once the last nail is wrapped I check the first one. If it doesn't all come away with an orange wood stick I remove the softened bits with a file and re-wrap.

I've never been told to wrap acrylic nails just shellac'd nails! I thought that would take longer then soaking them? I will give it a go next time :) thank you xx

I wrap acrylics for removal too. Takes 20-25 mins , I find it a lot better then soaking bowls .

New I've never been told to wrap acrylic nails just shellac'd nails! I thought that would take longer then soaking them? I will give it a go next time :) thank you xx
It's far quicker than soaking so less damaging to the nail plate and skin also you use less remover.

It's far quicker than soaking so less damaging to the nail plate and skin also you use less remover.
Oh Thank you..I'll definitely be trying that next time then [emoji2] xxx

Definitely give it a go, it's a lot less messy too lol

My preferred removal method. ^^ takes half the time.

I wouldnt suggest scraping the acrylic off. I buff the nails first, soak a small amount of cotton ball in acetone ( too big oc a cotton ball anx the acetone just soaks into the ball rather the acrylic) place it on the nail, wrap in foil anx do this to all 10 fingers. After ive done that i place a heat bag on top and wait 10 mins. After that time they're like jelly

Hello,

probably a silly question - is there any difference between PURE 100% acetone or PURE 99,5% acetone or Soak off etc?? Can I buy any pure acetone? It is for removing acrylic nails.

Thank you

Latest posts

Back