Split SNS (dipping powder) nail + damaged natural nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANGELA MARIE

Reaction score
Hi all, I’m in need of your advice...

I had SNS dipping powder (with a tip) applied to my nails about a week and a half ago, and last night I split both the powdered nail and my natural nail about half way down (see image). The natural nail was bleeding underneath.

What do you suggest I do...? Ideally, I don’t want to remove it cos I’m worried it’ll just be too painful.

Eagerly awaiting your advice.

Attachments

• D83023BA-2237-4365-944E-E4519B085E6E.jpeg
    D83023BA-2237-4365-944E-E4519B085E6E.jpeg
    487.8 KB · Views: 187
Are you a nail tech or customer?

If a customer I'd go back to your tech for advice. I'd want to get the product off to see how much damage is going on. Initially it's going to hurt like hell but in a day or so you should be able to soak off the product without too much pain. I wouldn't touch it whilst it's still bleeding or weeping. In the short term I would use Steri-strips to bind it, just so it didn't feel loose and vulnerable.

I agree with trinity, when I have damaged nails before I’ve stuck it down with a plaster until it doesn’t hurt anymore and then I’ve pulled it off but it depends if it’s damaged the nail bed

Latest posts

Back