Stomach in knots about opening!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelenT59

Reaction score
Opening my small beauty business today in a local hairdressers,will only be doing evenings and weekends as I also wrk elsewhere full time. Have minimal appointments booked in so may be twiddling my thumbs!
Hv been flat out advertising via FB,created a website,leaflet drops and also set up leaflet display in hairdressers...but minimal appointments and those hv only been made by my small group of clients I had from my home salon...feel sick with nerves!

Congratulations and best of luck with it all. Are you going to have a 'recommend a friend' scheme to help build clientele? :) x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's fantastic, well done x the clients that have booked in will tell other people about you and word of mouth is by far the best advertisement. It all takes time and I'm sure you will do well xx

Good luck hope it goes well xx

Congratulations and best of luck with it all. Are you going to have a 'recommend a friend' scheme to help build clientele? :) x

No I actually didn't think of a recommending scheme.have you also used this?

I will be opening my home studio in a few weeks (just working on those pesky last bits and pieces!) and will definitely run a recommend a friend scheme to get things going. X

I will be opening my home studio in a few weeks (just working on those pesky last bits and pieces!) and will definitely run a recommend a friend scheme to get things going. X

And will u give a discount?

I set up in a salon about 4 months ago in pretty much the same situation as you. It feels strange to dedicate hours to sitting there just making yourself look busy when you're not! But that's just what you have to do and the appointments will follow. I now have half my diary full with some lovely regulars. But obviously still a way to go.

I did an introductory offer when I first started but to be honest I wish I'd not bothered. No one looked after their nails and were all back to me complaining. And yet the people who paid full price the following week, well their nails were fine (would you believe it).

Stay strong and true to your values and ethics as a therapist/technician, spend your 'free' time plugging away at social media and uploading pictures of your work and the client base will follow.

Good luck! Xx

Oh and I didn't eat for about 2 weeks either side of my starting day...was a great move for my figure lol! Xx

Good luck, that's how I started! I gave everyone a leaflet, a hand massage and while your doing that tell them all about your product and let them get to know you! Remember your selling yourself as well as your service! I know that sounds awful but it's true! If they had time I would do One nail for them and that's how I built up my client base and nearly 4 years later most of them are still with me! Get a really nice hand lotion, I woo all my clients with CND Sensations coconut and mango, everyone loves it and I sell heaps of it!
I also did an Introductory offer just to get them excited!! Good luck SSx

Opening my small beauty business today in a local hairdressers,will only be doing evenings and weekends as I also wrk elsewhere full time. Have minimal appointments booked in so may be twiddling my thumbs!
Hv been flat out advertising via FB,created a website,leaflet drops and also set up leaflet display in hairdressers...but minimal appointments and those hv only been made by my small group of clients I had from my home salon...feel sick with nerves!

Hi Helen good luck! I opened my salon upstairs in a hairdressers 2 years ago and i love it.

can i ask were abouts in NI you are as im originally from NI (moved to England 3 years ago) all my friends family are still there plus i go home pretty often, i will be more than happy to let them know about a new salon opening :) x

I was thinking £5 off next treatment once the friend has come (not just booked in!) X

Good luck, that's how I started! I gave everyone a leaflet, a hand massage and while your doing that tell them all about your product and let them get to know you! Remember your selling yourself as well as your service! I know that sounds awful but it's true! If they had time I would do One nail for them and that's how I built up my client base and nearly 4 years later most of them are still with me! Get a really nice hand lotion, I woo all my clients with CND Sensations coconut and mango, everyone loves it and I sell heaps of it!
I also did an Introductory offer just to get them excited!! Good luck SSx

that's a great idea that what i did for a while i went downstairs and made myself known to the hairdressers clients joined in conversation made brews, tidied up etc anyone sat with a colour on doing nothing i offered a complimentary file and hand massage a good way to introduce yourself it worked a treat for me ( just check with with hairdressers first ) xx

I'm so worried as another therapist is starting too as she is full time! I'm only eve and wknds and worried as I won't be there il be undercut price wise;-/ or there to promote myself.
Iv done everything I can at the mo in terms of advertising but am so worried there'll be too much competition from the other gal.
Anyone ever had experience of this?

I'm also setting up in a hairdressers! In about 4 weeks time eeeek! I've decided to do a 10% off any treatment introductory offer and once a client has returned she will then be given a recommend a friend voucher where the existing and the new client both receive 10% off when they re book. Good luck let us know how u get on xxx

I'm also sharing with another girl we are both part time and I've decided to literally just market myself and she can do the same, we will have the same price lists, vouchers, leaflets but mine will have my number on them and same for her. I will be pushing my leaflets through every door I can find and marketing myself everywhere! My kids school, local gym, Facebook the lot!

I'm also sharing with another girl we are both part time and I've decided to literally just market myself and she can do the same, we will have the same price lists, vouchers, leaflets but mine will have my number on them and same for her. I will be pushing my leaflets through every door I can find and marketing myself everywhere! My kids school, local gym, Facebook the lot!

I had leaflets business cards etc already and we both have had previously set up Facebook pages:-/ we both have the salons number for bookings but I put my mobile number (which iv been using for three yrs for business) on leaflets and cards and I'm keen to keep it.
Think be best to keep separate businesses? We have agreed to discuss similar pricing so as not to undercut but I'm not sure how to approach the two different business names etc

Can I also ask how do u find working with someone else on the same treatments?

Also when offering special offers etc do you both do the same offer at same time? Or just do your own thing

Latest posts

Back