Stomach in knots about opening!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not back in until tonight...so have had no contact with salon or other beautician. Will see tonight.

Hope it goes better than you're expecting.

Good luck! (I've only just read this thread thoroughly but sounds like a typical nightmare situation. I think from her perspective it was a case of keep your friends close. I think virtues is right about having something in writing to safeguard you moving forwards. I also agree that people who step on others to get to the top will pass them again on the way back down! She won't flourish forever like this! Put a stop to it!

It really is a dog eat dog world out here but if you have to be you can be the bigger dog!

Fingers crossed x

Thought of update u all! So this wk beauty friend from hell took an issue with me advertising my holistic therapy in the salon...also continues to poach clients who are requesting me by actual name! Has also gone as far as poaching a client who was enquiring an appointment with myself via twitter, by responding to the client at the same time as me and taking the booking...wait for it...in my working hours ie evenings when she is not working! Manager has contacted me asking for a meeting with other therapist and her as feels other therapist is being ridiculous in her requests. So meeting is pending...

maybe with some luck she will get the boot xx

The meeting was had and all issues 'thrashed out'...no more posting deals on Facebook or via groupon with both therapist agreeing with the other. No more offers without agreement of the other. She is not allowed in on my time unless by request. (Unsure if this is working) and no more nicking my clients. Has to be a monthly deal and again agreed with each other. We had a heated conversation but felt relieved after and cleared the air. Since we agreed to go on a course together to promote 3d lashes, have not booked as other therapist said she has no money. So i agreed to wait only to find she completed a one day facial course Which is another service that only I offered. Her products are pants! And I have no clue what she is doing in the treatments after one days training. I have decided my cut off date is July and I'm looking for another room to rent with a more wellness/ holistic approach, with like minded ppl. I'm disappointed but I'm meant to enjoy this work not be constantly at loggerheads with someone. So the search begins!

So today I went to view another rental space in a wellbeing centre...feels zen-like when u walk in. Relaxing music and crystals in the waiting area. You basically pay for the room rental while your in it and I take my own bookings...so I can book ppl in whenever I want and just pay my rent for those times. So if iv no one in on a day I don't pay rent! The room itself is bare but with few candles blankets etc it will be gd! There's storage for my hot stone machine, waxing pot etc for when I'm not there. There's disabled access and a kitchen to use for cups of tea etc. U get a key to let yourself in and out and book your room via the wellbeing centre. This also includes leaflets in range waiting area and entrance, which they print as well as a weekly mention on their Facebook and website! Owner is a well known therapist so may bring some interest. Like minded therapists and customers oh and they do quarterly marketing workshops etc for tenants! What u think?

Have just read this thread right through and the new place sounds a lot better!!

Good luck with it hun!

Thank you, I'm still deliberating, but the more I do, the more I think I will go for it...now to prepare for telling the salon and other beautician I am leaving the building!

go for it :) I have been following this thread and this new place seems perfect for you, as you said in a previous post that you would like somewhere more Holistic. Will you be sharing a room in this new place if you decide to take it?

go for it :) I have been following this thread and this new place seems perfect for you, as you said in a previous post that you would like somewhere more Holistic. Will you be sharing a room in this new place if you decide to take it?

Yes you share it with others and il have space to keep my belongings. So I'm happy enough with that! I can't wait to tell my boss I'm going now. Woke this morning to night are colleague having put another deal on groupon with no consultation with me, despite Thai being thrashed out at that meeting...so it's definitely time for me to go! I'm happy with my decision now even more so

Despite 'that' not Thai...need to check my text before I post!

Latest posts

Back