Stomach in knots about opening!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm also renting alongside someone. It's tricky to make it work as far as I can see but luckily I'm really busy and she isn't so I don't think she will renew in 3 months and I can afford to pay her rent so it should be ok. I'm wondering if it can ever work being 2 separate businesses. I don't think I'll bother with the groupon deal then unless things slacken off maybe xxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Today I was about to explode. Other colleague is coming in on my time, it evenings and taking bookings which should be allocated to me. I was steady until this wk! Now I'm quiet and she has booked in 8 manicures tomorro evening and not one client to me. Am absolutely furious. Challenged her on it and says its a one off. Also has been using some of my tools which I'm pretty peeved about! And then lied about it:-/ I'm generally a get along with everyone person but am really struggling here.

I'm also renting alongside someone. It's tricky to make it work as far as I can see but luckily I'm really busy and she isn't so I don't think she will renew in 3 months and I can afford to pay her rent so it should be ok. I'm wondering if it can ever work being 2 separate businesses. I don't think I'll bother with the groupon deal then unless things slacken off maybe xxx

Lisabrad have you any advice on how to get myself recognised a little more? See u have lots of experience

Blimey no wonder you're fuming!!! That's mean of her! I'm plugging away on Facebook all the time! Within 3 days of setting up my page I had over 200 likes and lots of new clients. Posting photos of nails etc and tagging clients in them for all their friends to see. Made my group and posts public so they can all be shared. I've also been on foot handing out flyers and posting through letter boxes! I know there's twitter and Instagram but I haven't got the jist of those sites yet lol xxx

Blimey no wonder you're fuming!!! That's mean of her! I'm plugging away on Facebook all the time! Within 3 days of setting up my page I had over 200 likes and lots of new clients. Posting photos of nails etc and tagging clients in them for all their friends to see. Made my group and posts public so they can all be shared. I've also been on foot handing out flyers and posting through letter boxes! I know there's twitter and Instagram but I haven't got the jist of those sites yet lol xxx

Situation is getting worse!

Why Helen?!! Xx

Why Helen?!! Xx

A lot of confrontation taking plCe with other therapist, as she is unhappy with me advertising myself as she feels it's is taking away from her (despite the fact she too is advertising). I was professional and explained we have separate business and I will continue to promote my business regardless, as this is important to build clientele! An frustrated with these petty issues she keeps raising. It's exhausting!lets hope it settles now

First wk over...I made my rent and a little more! Iv no clients booked for this wk eek:-/ but fingers crossed they will come!

class!!!

it will happen keep going girl you're doin well

A lot of confrontation taking plCe with other therapist, as she is unhappy with me advertising myself as she feels it's is taking away from her (despite the fact she too is advertising). I was professional and explained we have separate business and I will continue to promote my business regardless, as this is important to build clientele! An frustrated with these petty issues she keeps raising. It's exhausting!lets hope it settles now

oh soz just read your later posts

you've gotta look after yourself girl

that's what she is doin and shes getting the bookings and making the money

can you move your business to somewhere where you are independent?

oh soz just read your later posts

you've gotta look after yourself girl

that's what she is doin and shes getting the bookings and making the money

can you move your business to somewhere where you are independent?

It's settled a bit, I'm keeping myself as independent to her as possible and am continuing to run my business the way I need to, to progress! I'm civil and will communicate with her for sharing a monthly deal but other than this I'm remaining v.separate now. Unfortunate but if this is what I have to do well I'm give it a good go!

Keep focused, Rome wasn't built in a day! Good luck!

Keep going Helen, keep professional (as what I've read so far, you're doing exactly that) can you put a sign on your door stating your business name and maybe a lock? She has no business using your things.

Yet again she wants to jump onto and benefit from your hard work. Is there anyway you can just have your mobile number on all your cards, prices etc? You need to keep this other person totally separate, clients will soon see what's happening and sence her atmosphere and she'll have nothing left.

You're doing so well, we all have quiet days at the beginning. To make a profit, no matter how small, you're doing something right :) x

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Keep going Helen, keep professional (as what I've read so far, you're doing exactly that) can you put a sign on your door stating your business name and maybe a lock? She has no business using your things.

Yet again she wants to jump onto and benefit from your hard work. Is there anyway you can just have your mobile number on all your cards, prices etc? You need to keep this other person totally separate, clients will soon see what's happening and sence her atmosphere and she'll have nothing left.

You're doing so well, we all have quiet days at the beginning. To make a profit, no matter how small, you're doing something right :) x

I have my business cards with my mobile number on and I have now started to take my equipment off to my massage room when I'm leaving for the evening. I will continue to keep myself separate to her as much as I can:) thanks for the support:)

I have my business cards with my mobile number on and I have now started to take my equipment off to my massage room when I'm leaving for the evening. I will continue to keep myself separate to her as much as I can:) thanks for the support:)

You are making a huge effort, dont let her grind you down :) keep at it, "reap what you sow"

You are making a huge effort, dont let her grind you down :) keep at it, "reap what you sow"

Oh Helen, she sounds like a bit of a cow! Keep going, keep professional and keep positive! Xx

Latest update...for the first time I was almost fully booked this wk! Happy face;-) other therapist was not but stated to me that I always seem busy...but came in to find she has been advertising a 1/2 price offer for a service which I have literally just advertised on groupon and which got a lot of response, ie she has been offering the same to customers in the salon when I'm not there, when I'm the only one meant be offering it. I made sure this offer was not something she wanted to do initially, by asking her when I placed the ad, but now she is offering it regardless! Also came in to find she has placed a further 3 groupon offers which are all treatments I offer as holistic, eg Indian head etc. In this salon ppl are getting to know me for being holistic and her for her beauty. I found this pretty poor as she is basically stepping into every area I'm interested in and undercutting me and despite me approaching her to ask if it was okay for me to place an offer out (even tho they were different services to her) she has had no courtesy to even discuss hers with me.fuming. I didn't approach her...I'm going to let her go n work my bum off to get noticed for hopefully what I'm gd at.

Woke up today and for first time hv thought...what if I just quit the salon..i did it to get experience, to be self employed and have control of what I was offering. This is not happening...yes I'm getting busier but my full time job is long hrs and this other therapist is adding stress to my life that I don't need! Would u cut got losses or hang in there?

Woke up today and for first time hv thought...what if I just quit the salon..i did it to get experience, to be self employed and have control of what I was offering. This is not happening...yes I'm getting busier but my full time job is long hrs and this other therapist is adding stress to my life that I don't need! Would u cut got losses or hang in there?

Helen I've been following your thread and it would seem such a shame to quit as you seem to be doing so well. It sounds like you have quite a few clients and your promotions seem to be successful. Have you thought about it the other way round? You are obviously passionate about beauty - is there any way you could reduce hours at your full time job and take on more hours at the salon? Maybe you could build it to a point where you could rent the place on your own so you don't need to share with the other girl? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back