Swarovski setting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millyjean

Reaction score
Is it possible to set Swarovskis in acrylic instead of builder gel? Has anyone tried it?

I don't know but I'd like to! So bump.

Has no one tried this then??? Bump

I wouldn't think it would work aswell as acrylic doesn't have the tackiness that gel does. I haven't tried it but I can imagine it would just leave an indentation of where the rhinestone was and wouldn't last very long. Plus how would you finish the nail re buffing etc ?

I thought it would just be the same as applying 3d art with a bead of acrylic? As that lasts ages! I'm quite good with my application so very rarely HAVE to buff although I do anyway

I would think it would work so long as you sink the crystal in so it sort of encapsulates slightly up the sides but not over the top obviously.

Might try it on my little toe first don't want to waste crystals [emoji85]

Hiya, I have just done this, it works great! :)

You any piccys? What's the condition of the crystals like any dullness? Do you think it'll work on a full set of crystal toes? X

These are the ones I did. The sparkle has stayed great I think

Attachments

• 1432915361656.jpg
    1432915361656.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 1432915383954.jpg
    1432915383954.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 74
Thank you are they real Swarovskis?

No, these aren't real, I'm waiting on mine being delivered. I can't remember the brand of these I'm afraid, they were from salon services. Not the greatest examples but first attempts

Latest posts

Back