Teeth whitening - legal or illegal?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked in a dental surgery for a few years and I have seen some horrible repercussions from these type of whitening kits. Your dentist will know your teeth like no one else, I would never ever risk it after what I've seen. Your dentist will advise you and give you a certain strength tailored to suit your teeth.

@BeautyNerds if you follow some of the links that have been put on this thread, you will see people, like you, who have been told it's legal. One even went to trading standards who confirmed it was legal - only to still be pursued and charged by the GDC. Ironically, she is allowed to sell the kits for home use x

Unbelievably bad advice. It's illegal. Period.

Just out of curiosity,what exactly would the client be paying YOU for? Handing them the product?

I know you are okay to do it as long as it is is a self administered teeth whitening treatment. As long as you do not touch the client at all during the treatment and that you are passing stuff over to the client and they are administering and opening there own teeth whitening products and applying them to themselves it is allowed. They are signing a disclaimer to self administer and as long as the peroxide is under 0.1ml again this is allowed. Dentists can only use the higher levers of peroxide.
Look into naturawhite

Naturawhite have had a few people prosecuted http://www.smile-onnews.com/news/view/gdc-successfully-prosecute-woman-for-illegal-whitening

They will try to tell you it was because they weren't following protocol. Ironic when one of the people training for naturawhite was prosecuted for being a fake dentist https://www.gdc-uk.org/Newsandpubli...ice-costs-unregistered-dentist-thousands.aspx

Many people have been prosecuted using the "self administered systems" . It is still illegal. You will be prosecuted, you will get the criminal record and fines/costs totalling thousands. The training company will get your money and walk away.

image.jpeg
Hi all,

I'm looking at doing the Amabelle Lovelite teeth whitening training, but I've researched and found that this is illegal as I am not a Trained Dental Nurse/Dentist. However, I have myself had a lady come over and perform the teeth whitening. I'm confused? The product is less than 0.1% peroxide which is legal and you are able to buy kits on the Internet?
You might be interested in this which was posted on Facebook today. image.jpeg

Latest posts

Back