The SEO Help Thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you look at mine?
www.themagentaroom.co.uk

At the moment when I search for it on Google it doesn't show at all!

Thankyou.

Sorry I meant a month.

Hi SEO,

How amazing are you, thank you so much. I've just made those changes to my website. I realise I need to do this to my blog and other sites too.

I really appreciate this as i've spent lots of time trying to study seo but still have lots to learn.

Many many thanks again.

Kindest Regards

Natasha J Gordon

Did some work for a user on this forum week or so ago, went through her weebly site and sorted out titles and a few other things, shes now ranking page 1 for "Eyelash extensions LOCATION", "Shellac Nails LOCATION" etc etc, when she was ranking 50-100 before!!

Just shows the power of titles.

I have a site with Vistaprint. Feeling quite proud of myself as with A LOT of time and hard work, I have researched and done all my SEO by myself. The site is now apparently 100% optimised and when searching for Shellac or Minx in my county, I am top of the page on page 1 of google so I'm chuffed to bits. However, I'm still not showing up if you type in for any other treatment, such as Manicure or Pedicure. I have sat with it for ages and am stumped now, any ideas for how to get it ranking would be very greatly received, this also applies for searching for Nail or Beauty Salons in my area, I'm not there.

I have tried out your tips about changing page names etc but I am finding that it either affects the % of how optimised the site is, or it won't allow me to type in any more words, so on the page that says Nails & Beauty (instead of home page as suggested) it won't allow me to enter the full area name and cuts it off by about 3 characters.

It's more that it's annoying me rather than it being a necessity though tbh, as Shellac and Minx are really the 2 services I am more interested in pushing anyway, I would just like to know why these show but other things don't.

Lily Nails & Beauty - Nails & Beauty

Many thanks in advance :hug:

I have a site with Vistaprint. Feeling quite proud of myself as with A LOT of time and hard work, I have researched and done all my SEO by myself. The site is now apparently 100% optimised and when searching for Shellac or Minx in my county, I am top of the page on page 1 of google so I'm chuffed to bits. However, I'm still not showing up if you type in for any other treatment, such as Manicure or Pedicure. I have sat with it for ages and am stumped now, any ideas for how to get it ranking would be very greatly received, this also applies for searching for Nail or Beauty Salons in my area, I'm not there.

I have tried out your tips about changing page names etc but I am finding that it either affects the % of how optimised the site is, or it won't allow me to type in any more words, so on the page that says Nails & Beauty (instead of home page as suggested) it won't allow me to enter the full area name and cuts it off by about 3 characters.

It's more that it's annoying me rather than it being a necessity though tbh, as Shellac and Minx are really the 2 services I am more interested in pushing anyway, I would just like to know why these show but other things don't.

Lily Nails & Beauty - Nails & Beauty

Many thanks in advance :hug:

You say you rank no. 1 for shellac and minx in your county? So "shellac nails northampton" etc?

Where are you getting the "100% optimised" info? From Vistaprint? If it is vistaprint, don't swear by it...trust me.

In regards to rank for other treatments, make sure they are on their own page with the page titles containing the keyword + location. You could also do off site SEO, link building etc, and cater the anchor text to those particular treatments.

You say you rank no. 1 for shellac and minx in your county? So "shellac nails northampton" etc? Yes, I'm first other than the paid ads at the top

Where are you getting the "100% optimised" info? From Vistaprint? If it is vistaprint, don't swear by it...trust me. Yes from Vistaprint. When you alter your page, add info, photos etc, it tells you the % of how optimised it is in line with google in particular I think I remember reading. If I change descriptions, page titles etc, it can either increase the % or decrease it. Has been most frustrating as a lot of words I use decreases how much it is optimised, so I take them back out again. If this is a useless tool, why do they have it on there?

In regards to rank for other treatments, make sure they are on their own page with the page titles containing the keyword + location. You could also do off site SEO, link building etc, and cater the anchor text to those particular treatments.

They are on their own page but I can't add the location to them as it cuts off the last few characters as I said in my post above, so not possible for me to do unless I am putting the location only which obviously is no good :wink2:

I have registered myself as per Lynne's thread on here with every free site there is to link myself plus also have a Facebook and Twitter Page. If you mean any other off site SEO then I would need clarification on what you mean as I'm not very techy at all and is like Japanese to me Lol! :lol:

You are not ranking number 1 for those terms on Google UK, are you sure you are not getting tainted google results because your location is set to northampton in Google or something? You are ranking around 5 to the bottom half of the results page.

I could write all day about why vistaprint is bad, not just their website but their business cards, their ethics, the list is endless. You are severely limited with options when you use free website builders in general, unfortunately though they are pretty much the only option for people who are not tech savvy in that respect.

In regards, to offsite SEO, it's a whole different ball game. Building links is difficult and time consuming, but they are the number 1 overall ranking factor.

You are not ranking number 1 for those terms on Google UK, are you sure you are not getting tainted google results because your location is set to northampton in Google or something? You are ranking around 5 to the bottom half of the results page.

I could write all day about why vistaprint is bad, not just their website but their business cards, their ethics, the list is endless. You are severely limited with options when you use free website builders in general, unfortunately though they are pretty much the only option for people who are not tech savvy in that respect.

In regards, to offsite SEO, it's a whole different ball game. Building links is difficult and time consuming, but they are the number 1 overall ranking factor.

If I do a search on google such as shellac nails Northampton, I show as first. I don't have any settings on it, it's just as is. Strange. Well thank you for your help anyway

If I do a search on google such as shellac nails Northampton, I show as first. I don't have any settings on it, it's just as is. Strange. Well thank you for your help anyway

Are you logged into your google account by any chance?

Top 3 are:

ThePamperedSole.co.uk
Absolute-beautysalon
naturalnailsbyfiona.co.uk

Are you logged into your google account by any chance?

Top 3 are:

ThePamperedSole.co.uk
Absolute-beautysalon
naturalnailsbyfiona.co.uk

No, not logged in. Like I say, strange it's different but at least I'm on the first page regardless so I won't worry, thank you for your time and help :)

No, not logged in. Like I say, strange it's different but at least I'm on the first page regardless so I won't worry, thank you for your time and help :)

Google works in mysterious ways, constantly changing things which turn the results on their head!

Great work getting on front page though!

I have no got my website on the first page for beauty salon burnham on sea. Not at the top tho they have to go past my competitors grrr. i am going to keep going tho :)

I've uploaded it to Google now. :)

At the moment I can't even find it when I type in Beauty Salon Yeovil, are my tags still wrong?

Thankyou. :)

Unfortunately just doing the onsite stuff is normally not enough to rank in google. If it was that easy I wouldn't have a job!

You are ranking at 103, 10th page on Google, which isn't good at all. No one clicks that far through the pages.. Yeovil seems like quite a competitive area I'm afraid, and you won't reach anywhere near the front pages without spending some money.

Pinknails I can't comment on Mr.Site at all as I have never used it! No idea what it's like for SEO.

Latest posts

Back