The SEO Help Thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant info thank you as I am in process of doing web page :biggrin:

Great Thread, i'm an SEO expert myself, thats actually my full time business.

One tip you could also try for your website to see how Google see's your page, is try this...

In Googles search box type: site:www.yourwebsite.com

Obviously replacing yourwebsite with your own domain name. This will show you a list of all the pages Google has in its index of your website and how it looks to Google.

If you're seeing that Google has listed lots of your pages with the same context and spammy format, then you know you need to look at your pages and edit them better.

Fantastic thread, in good nick of time I was just about to go through 'one of those' company's who promised me prime position in google search for my area initial £*** then £** per month if you wanted to continue. I have no clue about computers so I thought that was my only option. Are you hireable ;)

Dont get me wrong, there are companies out there who WILL get you on top spot, obviously there are some dodgy ones too.

In some cases there needs to be a lot of work that has to go into a site to get it "Google Friendly" or SEO'd.

But for the most of you, because your only targeting your local area, your level of competition is going to be very low, in terms of Google results that is.

If you type your area of expertise into Google, ie. "Hair Salon Sussex", have a look at how many results show up, i bet its less than 1 million easy. If thats the case, with a few tweaks and some decent "on-site" seo, there shouldnt be much problems getting your website on top ten organic results (organic means Google has ranked it there based on its findings rather than a "paid for" result) thus no need for an ongoing monthly subscription. Usually a 3 or 6 monthly "top-up" is all that is required providing decent groundwork is put it at the start.

It will however depend on a few factors, how the site is written, the platform it is on (these free website making things are no good, ie. moonfruit etc), the content, titles, sitemaps etc

You should focus more on making sure your Google Places Listing is there and accurate, as these listings now appear top before any organic listings.

My website isn't finished as I haven't long started it as I was getting it ready in preparation for this google advertisement company... But in guessing it will be all wrong

www.rebeccas-beauty.com

Sorry I've been rather absent recently, there seems to be no end to work that needs doing :Scared: I suppose I really shouldn't be complaining in this day and age!

j8yba you are definitely right about establishing a Google Places page, especially with the updates Google has been rolling out recently (Venice Update).

Hi Geeks

I did my website yesterday and posted it last night - my cousin was supposed to do it for me and he took so long that I just decided to do one.

Please could you offer some pointers - I would really appreciate it!!

Juniper Berry Beauty and Holistic Therapy

Thank you in advance!

Just thought I would bump up this great thread for all those who haven't yet seen it.

Thanks SEO, I have learnt soooooo much from it :)

Oh my sweet Jesus, just typed in Beauty Salon Yeovil and my website came up second on the first page!!! Please tell me this isn't some beautiful dream. Would someone mine typing Beauty Salon Yeovil into Google and tell me if it is showing The Magenta Room as second on first page?

If it is, then SEO I could KISS YOU!! Lol. So happy!

Omg, it's doing it on Shellac, Gel nails, waxing, eyelash extensions, Minx, nail, etc. OMG I feel sick, i'm that over excited! Omg, omg, omg, omg!! *Eeeeeeeek*

Just googled it and can't see you on the first page - are you sure that it is not a personalised search that google is showing you based on your browsing history.

If you have google chrome, just set it to incognito browsing and you will get a true result

Just googled it and can't see you on the first page - are you sure that it is not a personalised search that google is showing you based on your browsing history.

If you have google chrome, just set it to incognito browsing and you will get a true result

I don't think so as when I type in 'Beauty Salons Yeovil' I can't even find me! It's only on 'Beauty Salon Yeovil' .

How do you find the incognito setting? X

Your salon is halfway down the second page for me. Not bad!

Your salon is halfway down the second page for me. Not bad!

Thanks!
I just got my MIL to look too and she said the same! It must be because I'm constantly on my website so it's showing it first. Well, I'm still quite happy about being on the second page too. X

Yep, half way down second page. I get all the Google Places coming up first.

Good result at this stage I'd say

xx

Yep, half way down second page. I get all the Google Places coming up first.

Good result at this stage I'd say

xx
Thankyou. X

Hi All

Am new here and hope this is the right place to post about this.

A few days ago my site which ranked well on google has vanished overnight from all the searches it was doing well in. I've spent two days trying to sort this out now and am none the wiser as to what the hell has gone wrong.

Can anyone help with this :confused:

Possibly Google Penguin over optimisation penalty

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Yup, latest "Penguin" update has caused many people's rankings to nose dive.

Looking at your site Lisa, I can see you that the page titles and the bottom of the page is keyword stuffed. Unfortunately this doesn't work anymore, and you will get heavily penalised by the search engines for implementing this dated tactic.

Get rid of the keywords, rewrite your page titles so they are no more than 70 characters and read well (you can still include your most relevant keywords.

Great to hear you are seeing improvements Lovebeauty14.

Latest posts

Back