Tinting over tattooed eyebrows?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macy1807

Reaction score
Can anyone help. I had a client today who had faded tattooed eyebrows and wanted them tinting. She didn't have much hair to tint and the right eyebrow tattoo was thinner than the left. I explained that she didn't have much hair to tint so it would tint her skin. I use refectocil tint with the cream peroxide., left it on for 10 mins. The right eyebrow did not tint at all. I replied tint for another 10 mins and it still never took, even the skin didn't tint. I'm baffled, I've never tinted over tattooed brows before and can't understand why just one didn't take. The client wasn't happy and didn't pay. Can anyone please explain why this happened? Thanks in advance.

Could there be another reason why the tint didn’t take other than the fact she’s had them tattood? Did you cleanse first, and do everything as normal? Did you mix properly? What colour were the hairs? Very unusual!

Could there be another reason why the tint didn’t take other than the fact she’s had them tattood? Did you cleanse first, and do everything as normal? Did you mix properly? What colour were the hairs? Very unusual!

I've no idea why it didn't take. I cleansed with an oil free cleanser first then dried before tinting . The ratio was correct , it worked on half the eyebrow but not the middle or end .

I have tattooed eyebrows myself that are very faded at the moment and have tinted lots of clients brows who have them tinted.

The tattoo its self will have nothing to do with effect of your treatment as once it's healed/ not scabby it really no different to other skin. I would say the result would be something to do with the amount of hair the client had, something else on the skin or the products used.

I'm lucky with my brows that I do have the hair there and only had them tattooed to fill them out and so I don't have to power them in when on holiday ect. My hair is also very light, so when they are not tinted and the tattoo is faded they can look quite pinky and the tinting helps with this. If your client had little hair there then the tinting wouldn't have the same effect it has on mine and would say rather than your tinting she needs to go get her tattoos topped up.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back