Wellastrate usage?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vbkun

Reaction score
Well, I'm new here ( i think this is my first post, but I've lurking around for a month I guess).

I used to use wellastrate to do t.r. straighting myself, I've always had doubts if what I did was really the correct method, but it worked so I never cared much.

Now I'm at a different situation, I spent sometime letting my hair grow back (like 3 months), i was using shaved hair (I'm a guy ^^). And I would like to be sure about doing it the right way this turn =). Also i believe I have forgot the correct max reaction time for straighting cream (my hair is very thick so i used to use top time), and my new wellastrate cream came without instructions for my sake =(.

well the steps i used to take:

1) apply the straighting cream and give it a pause time of tops 15 minutes. No longer sure about the interval as I stated above (also i would like to know if the professionals around goes beyond recommended max time for extra-thick hair, my case -.-).

2) The iron part, I would wash the hair very well, then, still wet, i would start ironing it with a 180 ºC iron. (here i was never sure if i should dry it first or not, and about how important is the precision of the temperature). Also, the retailers now have a product from wella to use on ironing, wich i never used, and I'm unsure how necessary and wich difference it makes.

3) Apply the neutralizing and wash, never had doubts here =).

Also, Wella has that prep cream that I never used either, and as with iron product, I have no idea what difference does it make.

Well that covers it =D.

I'm pretty aware most professionals will read this post and will consider telling me how risky is to do a t.r. straighting by yourself without any professional training. I've always been aware of that and I never even dared to perform it in someone's else hair (and every time i did it i found a lot of female friends asking for it >_<).

I think this type of procedures should really be only done by professionals.

Just that in my case I don't care much if I screw my hair and end up by shaving it :lol:

I personally dont use wellastrate but after reading your post a word of advise, using (electric) straighteners on wet hair could seriously damage your health!!!!:eek:

Latest posts

Back