What irked you today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes swearing really p!**es me off too!!

Hehe sorry. Couldn't avoid it! Lol.

Swearing only bothers me in the wrong place and wrong time! I don't think it's appropriate in the salon at all, whether it be the client, the therapist or the hairdresser, it's not necessary! Now at home and amongst friends, it doesn't bother me xxx

Unfortunately the salon i'm renting nail space in, the beauty therapist & hairdresser/salon manager think it's fine to swear, they think it's great for clients to feel at home enough to swear as well, they dont want to have a salon where they think it's posh & have to be on heirs & graces.

I just cringe. It's not heirs & graces, it's just time & place & common decency.

To be honest, i'm looking forward to the moment where i can say "sorry but you're a bit too common for my liking, i'm off"

A girl who was once involved with my boyfriend commented on a picture on Facebook just to annoy me...fuuuuu.

However she is absolutely rank (obviously ;) )& my boyfriend told me to not let it get to me because she's a lowlife & I'm getting spoilt when he next sees me. Swings & roundabouts, ha

Unfortunately the salon i'm renting nail space in, the beauty therapist & hairdresser/salon manager think it's fine to swear, they think it's great for clients to feel at home enough to swear as well, they dont want to have a salon where they think it's posh & have to be on heirs & graces.

I just cringe. It's not heirs & graces, it's just time & place & common decency.

To be honest, i'm looking forward to the moment where i can say "sorry but you're a bit too common for my liking, i'm off"

I Swear like a trooper but never in the salon and of a client swore they would be told!

What has irked me today?
Some man at Zumba class randomly talking to me and his opening line being "we'll I'm finding it a lot easier this week, last week my lungs were full of flem"
Like dis I really need to know??

Yes swearing really p!**es me off too!!

Hehe sorry. Couldn't avoid it! Lol.

Swearing only bothers me in the wrong place and wrong time! I don't think it's appropriate in the salon at all, whether it be the client, the therapist or the hairdresser, it's not necessary! Now at home and amongst friends, it doesn't bother me xxx

I don't even find at home with friends acceptable as a sentence filler.
As a sentence such as "ah p**ss off" or "oh that person in the street was a complete c**t", fine. I will say I do swear back at people who swear at me, like in a post above, where I go above and beyond what the person has said to me to deliberately offend them after them offending me (and I just don't look the type to swear at all, so its a big shock I know such awful words).

But on the street, in public spaces, especially work, swearing is a no go. Xoxo

I can't stand swearing (probably stems from my dad clipping me round the ear if I even said "blimmin" lol).
One of my hubby's mates used to swear like a trooper and I was dreading our wedding video catching it all so I specifically asked him if he could possibly rein it in a bit on the day. Needless to say every shot he was in had him suddenly bolting off away from the camera as he knew he wouldn't be able to stop the effing and blinding haha

I'm irked cause still got no clients booked in this week.
2nd week running I'll be going home with £0 in my pocket.

Things are going to have to change soon otherwise I'll have to revert back to office work :(

I'm irked cause still got no clients booked in this week.
2nd week running I'll be going home with £0 in my pocket.

Things are going to have to change soon otherwise I'll have to revert back to office work :(

It is a quiet time just now :( I have a few in but not enough (I don't think I'll ever not say that though haha)

I'm irked because you think friends and family would want to shout about your business, and recommend you, some do then forget, even though they come to me all the time, telling people 'oh my friend owns a salon, you should go and if you mention me you get x amount off' when asked 'who does your hair?' What actually leaves their mouth is 'oh thank you, my friend does it' .... Tell them to come lol.

What has irked me today being told in a interview "oh you never seem to stay at a place for long" - my last office job I was there nearly 6 years (in my books that's a long time frame) I pointed out I have been made redundant 4 times so could not help my length of time at the company. x

What has irked me today being told in a interview "oh you never seem to stay at a place for long" - my last office job I was there nearly 6 years (in my books that's a long time frame) I pointed out I have been made redundant 4 times so could not help my length of time at the company. x

I used to get this a lot, so put on the bottom of my cv (as per recommend by a company who interviewed me) ... put the reason for leaving under each job, so that they know why it looks like you've job hopped.

I'm the same, my cv is a pic n' mix of jobs but the reason for leaving each is stated underneath & its a valid reason, redundancy, relocation, end of contract.

Hope this helps.

I'm STILL irked by no clients, that irked i couldnt sit at my desk doing anymore designs (got over 10 design wheels now) / reading the new issue of Scratch that i left early.

Fed up of sitting there & wasting my time for no money.

eBay!

People bidding and then "forgetting" to pay! It's a complete pain in the bum.

I ask people very nicely before they bid, PLEASE pay within 3 days (not an unreasonable request) after all you wouldn't go to Tesco on a Monday and finally pay for your shopping on Thursday or Friday would you?
So why so different on there. Anyway, despite this very nice message, it's now 4 days late for payment, and I'm getting fed up of reporting to eBay, then having to wait another week for the cheeky bleeders to pay.

GIVE ME my Chuffing money!! :)

eBay!

People bidding and then "forgetting" to pay! It's a complete pain in the bum.

I ask people very nicely before they bid, PLEASE pay within 3 days (not an unreasonable request) after all you wouldn't go to Tesco on a Monday and finally pay for your shopping on Thursday or Friday would you?
So why so different on there. Anyway, despite this very nice message, it's now 4 days late for payment, and I'm getting fed up of reporting to eBay, then having to wait another week for the cheeky bleeders to pay.

GIVE ME my Chuffing money!! :)

You'd love me then KayaPapaya, I pay within 60 seconds if I win an item haha x

eBay has irked me today too! Listed loads of dresses, all size 10 and within 6 hours I have three messages "I'm a size 14. Do you think these will fit me"
I'm not even replying!

eBay has irked me today too! Listed loads of dresses, all size 10 and within 6 hours I have three messages "I'm a size 14. Do you think these will fit me"
I'm not even replying!

Lol, I get loads of messages saying can you give me measurements from armpit to armpit, armpit to cuff, neck to bottom etc?! .. For gods sake, would you ask a shop or online boutique for these measurements?! .. It's a couple of quid, go on be a dare devil and risk it lol! Xxx

I'm not even replying!

Haha, I've had that loads too!

My irk is it's fine that people go to different techs, but when someone local tags one of my pictures with her techs name who is also local saying she loves them *read as I want these at my next appointment XXX*. At least do it privately, but not on my page tagging the other tech! :|

You'd love me then KayaPapaya, I pay within 60 seconds if I win an item haha x

I would definitely love you!! :D And so do I, I mean if I'm bidding on something I watch to see if I win. I just don't understand, why bid if you take 14 days or something to pay?

eBay is pretty irksome altogether as it goes! :)

What's irked me today...... Where to start? I've been told this afternoon that I'm being laid off in a few weeks, having just booked my holiday which I am paying off!! On the way to pick my daughter up from playgroup I got into road rage with some numpty who didn't understand what the red lights on the back of my car meant (brakes) when he nearly smashed into me!! Picked afore mentioned daughter up to be told all the playgroup have nits so I had to de-nit her hair when I got in, with her wanting me to explain why there are bugs in her hair and screaming 'get them out!!' (She's 3) now I'm sat here with the stuff on as although I don't have them I'm paranoid!! Sorry for the rant :-(

What's irked me today...... Where to start? I've been told this afternoon that I'm being laid off in a few weeks, having just booked my holiday which I am paying off!! On the way to pick my daughter up from playgroup I got into road rage with some numpty who didn't understand what the red lights on the back of my car meant (brakes) when he nearly smashed into me!! Picked afore mentioned daughter up to be told all the playgroup have nits so I had to de-nit her hair when I got in, with her wanting me to explain why there are bugs in her hair and screaming 'get them out!!' (She's 3) now I'm sat here with the stuff on as although I don't have them I'm paranoid!! Sorry for the rant :-(

That's a pretty naff day, sending a hug xx

People who play the 'friend in severe distress' card when they want something. You go the extra mile to cheer them up and they either just accept it like it was no effort on your part, or just go half an inch when you ask a them for the tiniest of favours. Irked lol

Scissorz that sounds like a real rubbish day. I hope things turn around quickly, it can only get better! *Hugs*

My nasty jealous sister in law irked me yesterday - my partner and I announced to his family that, after being together for nearly 7 years, we're finally buying our first house and her response was 'Oh is that all - I thought it was something exciting'!

Latest posts

Back