What irked you today?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luckly he has 2 pairs but because he spent the day with his glasses not sitting correctly he had a head ache which had him in tears by the end of the day!
The class as a whole had a talk about how important it is for the people who wear glasses & how delecate they are! ! I told the teacher if there is any cost involved in repairing or replacing them I will be giving the child's mother the bill!! He needs to wear them all day & can't see a thing with out them

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

Bless him x

My friends irked me.

The last few years my friends have been rubbish about making an effort to do something on my birthday so this year I gave loads of advance warning.

I emailed a month ago and half of them didn't even bother to reply until yesterday when I emailed again (it's Saturday night we're going out) and tell me they can't make it. Rubbish excuses from 2 and 1 hasn't even bothered to reply yet so I know she's flaking. The only other one who probably would make the effort is on holiday.

So it's just my BFF, her partner, 2 of their friends and my brother and fiancé. Yay, a night out as the only single with 3 couples. Again. On the plus side, everyone coming is fun.

I ALWAYS make the effort for their birthdays (including paying over £100 later this year for a weekend away for one friend's birthday), but apparently it's too much to ask that they make the effort once to come for a night out once a year for me. I give up on birthdays.

Sorry for ranting, but it makes me sad because my friendships mean a lot to me and obviously they don't mean that much to them anymore.

My friends irked me.

The last few years my friends have been rubbish about making an effort to do something on my birthday so this year I gave loads of advance warning.

I emailed a month ago and half of them didn't even bother to reply until yesterday when I emailed again (it's Saturday night we're going out) and tell me they can't make it. Rubbish excuses from 2 and 1 hasn't even bothered to reply yet so I know she's flaking. The only other one who probably would make the effort is on holiday.

So it's just my BFF, her partner, 2 of their friends and my brother and fiancé. Yay, a night out as the only single with 3 couples. Again. On the plus side, everyone coming is fun.

I ALWAYS make the effort for their birthdays (including paying over £100 later this year for a weekend away for one friend's birthday), but apparently it's too much to ask that they make the effort once to come for a night out once a year for me. I give up on birthdays.

Sorry for ranting, but it makes me sad because my friendships mean a lot to me and obviously they don't mean that much to them anymore.

Totally get this. I'm in the same boat when it comes to my birthday. Last year I never suggested anything for mine and neither did they. I always feel like I'm the one doing all the pushing in my friendships too. Not a nice feeling. Hope you do have a lovely bday though xx

I know how you feel, I've got 2 friends who I'm in touch with most days. I've been really poorly these last 2 weeks and neither of them has bothered to get in touch with me unless they wanted something. Currently feeling very used and very lonely :-(

I have just one friend that irks me and it's a bit of a strange one. She always wants to meet up and have lunch or something - but the last time I went out with her she was really horrible to my 2 year old (turned 2 last month). When he took his toys to play with her she kept saying 'no, go and put the cars back' or 'put your books away' and this was at my house. When we did get to the restaurant I had to leave the table so my 2 year old cried and begged her 'please please' to lift him up and give him a cudddle and she sent him back to his chair saying 'no, you go back and sit down'!!! Of course I had to go back and rescue him. My cousin seems to think that not everyone likes children. While this may be true, I have 2 of them and I think that if she doesn't like kids then why does she want to be my friend? My husband says that next time I should ask her why she doesn't like my son, and that if she doesn't treat him nicely then ask her to leave. Awkward.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

I have just one friend that irks me and it's a bit of a strange one. She always wants to meet up and have lunch or something - but the last time I went out with her she was really horrible to my 2 year old (turned 2 last month). When he took his toys to play with her she kept saying 'no, go and put the cars back' or 'put your books away' and this was at my house. When we did get to the restaurant I had to leave the table so my 2 year old cried and begged her 'please please' to lift him up and give him a cudddle and she sent him back to his chair saying 'no, you go back and sit down'!!! Of course I had to go back and rescue him. My cousin seems to think that not everyone likes children. While this may be true, I have 2 of them and I think that if she doesn't like kids then why does she want to be my friend? My husband says that next time I should ask her why she doesn't like my son, and that if she doesn't treat him nicely then ask her to leave. Awkward.

That is ridiculous! I'm sorry but if anyone treated my son like that they would be hearing some angry words from me, friend or not and they would be grateful not to get a slap! How dare she tell him not to play with his own toys in his own house??

That is what has irked me today!!

Very strange, maybe she is lacking people skills when it comes to 2 year olds, but they are usual quit fun at that age, or yes maybe she just has no time for small people :-/

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

That is ridiculous! I'm sorry but if anyone treated my son like that they would be hearing some angry words from me, friend or not and they would be grateful not to get a slap! How dare she tell him not to play with his own toys in his own house??

That is what has irked me today!!

I'm so sorry to have irked you! She said she was 'passing by' yesterday but I made my excuses. I've decided to keep my distance or it could get really ugly!

No you didn't irk me love that women did!! It just really angers me when people are like that to little children, there's no excuse at all! Probs a good idea :) xxx

What has irked me today.....

Being emailed and told my trail day at a nail salon has been cancelled and they will not be taking anyone on due to summer time being quite..... Really I don't think so, they have only been open since March.

Think it was more to do with the fact I said if I am to supply products to use for treatments I will not be giving you a 40% cut. With the prices you want and the hours you want... That's not self employed!! :/

I feel for you on this! I gave up on having a birthday outting with a set group of close friends (one of whom I lived with!) as 2 of us have birthdays 2 days appart. No matter what day our birthdays fell somehow hers would always be more important as she the dominant one of the group counted her as her best friend. Needless to say when on my 21st birthday I had to go out for dinner for HER birthday and pay extra so she wouldn't have to pay for anything AND to get a LIMO as well as getting a far better gift than I was given I decided that never again would I let them celebrate my birthday and that i would not be attending any of hers by default.

My N.Irish friends and London friends are always pretty good with parties though so i won't complain too much :D

I feel for you on this! I gave up on having a birthday outting with a set group of close friends (one of whom I lived with!) as 2 of us have birthdays 2 days appart. No matter what day our birthdays fell somehow hers would always be more important as she the dominant one of the group counted her as her best friend. Needless to say when on my 21st birthday I had to go out for dinner for HER birthday and pay extra so she wouldn't have to pay for anything AND to get a LIMO as well as getting a far better gift than I was given I decided that never again would I let them celebrate my birthday and that i would not be attending any of hers by default.

My N.Irish friends and London friends are always pretty good with parties though so i won't complain too much :D
For me it's more the excuses they came up with. Because they've done this for the last few years I gave them SO MUCH NOTICE and yet they still waited til the week before my birthday, ignored several emails, to tell me they weren't coming. Honestly the way I felt Saturday, if the weekend away in September wasn't already booked I'd have told them to shove it up their arse!

But I ended up having a pretty good night even though there were only 4 of us and I had a lovely day yesterday in the sunshine with my family and BFF. So they can suck it! bahaha. I'm not even gonna bother inviting them out for my birthday next year.

For me it was 3 clients that all texted within a few hours of each other on a Friday wanting a last min appointment for Sunday. Sunday was going to be my first day off for 19 days and was going to spend with my boyfriend who I rarely see as I work such long hours: so he decided to work too.
On Saturday afternoon all 3 texted to say they couldn't make their app. One asking if they could move it to late on Sunday evening ( because I obviously don't have a life) the other forgot her dad was coming over and the other ran out of money.
So this for me was the final straw of bending over backwards for people. I will from now on be enjoying my planned day off even if clients are desperate!

What irked me today, was seeing that my sister's friend is not only doing her own and others 'shellac' but now wibbling she needs to charge for products as she is running out. No tax, no qualifications, no insurance! Even if she covers products still income in HMRC's world. So glad I don't live around there anymore as it is so wrong to do nails on other people with no hygiene training. Plus it cheapens our profession. I don't go to her work and take over without training! Hey ho, she can risk the tax man and nail infections. Ooo that feels so much better - kept me off ranting where I shouldn't.

Also irked by car and house insurance renewals - £580 more than we got them in the end. Just send me a decent quote in the first place and stop wasting hours of my life!!

Latest posts

Back